Trying to understand schematic

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
upload_2019-1-13_15-47-47.png

upload_2019-1-13_15-53-11.png
Ugly schematic drawing style (even after I took out some whitespace)...

EDIT: They share ground and you have to connect B+ together.

Last edited:

Circuits123

Joined Dec 7, 2012
Thanks. Sorry to be dense, but where do I make the connections for the B+? And is that line along the bottom of the top drawing a part of the ground?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
where do I make the connections for the B+? And is that line along the bottom of the top drawing a part of the ground?
You can connect nets of the same name at any convenient point.

Ground is at several places in both schematics. It's a horrible drawing style. He should have used a ground symbol instead of a label. In the top schematic, he drew ground "upside down"; we prefer the direction for ground to always be down and for positive supplies to be up.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Actually the drawing style could be ok in that it could be easier to understand, except for the part connecting to the tubes and to the IC device.it is not arranged logically, nor was the original version.most of the drawing conventions used to make drawings easy to understand and follow were not used. It will not work as shown, not at all. The tube symbols are incorrect and do not reflect the actual tubes specified . Really, it looks like it was created by somebody with no electronics understanding. It does make a lot of sense to show all of the commons tied, instead of a lot of ground symbols. and If you build it on a wooden breadboard you will need to wire all of the commons anyway..If you do a circuit to be made into a circuit board artwork you must show all connections, ground symbols do not work.

Last edited: