Trying to identify resistor type and power rating in flight control board

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
I just need to ID two resistors 22Ω and 10KΩ, both 0603 packages for the micro controller circuit attached. Aside from the Atmega32u4 the other major component is a MPU6050 gyro chip. My question is do I need thin film resistors or would thick film suffix from what can be seen from the information provided. Also regarding the power rating of the resistors R1, R4, R8 and R9 at the four FET's for the motors, this being a quad copter flight control board. From my extremely rudimentary electronics knowledge I assume that these are pull down resistors to prevent a floating voltage at the micro controller pin. How would I work out an appropriate power rating for these resistors please. The two 22Ω are just I assume in the data lines and only carry very negligible current so what might a suitable voltage and power rating for these as well. Thanks to anyone that may be able to assist me.

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I just need to ID two resistors 22Ω and 10KΩ, both 0603 packages for the micro controller circuit attached. Aside from the Atmega32u4 the other major component is a MPU6050 gyro chip. My question is do I need thin film resistors or would thick film suffix from what can be seen from the information provided. Also regarding the power rating of the resistors R1, R4, R8 and R9 at the four FET's for the motors, this being a quad copter flight control board. From my extremely rudimentary electronics knowledge I assume that these are pull down resistors to prevent a floating voltage at the micro controller pin. How would I work out an appropriate power rating for these resistors please. The two 22Ω are just I assume in the data lines and only carry very negligible current so what might a suitable voltage and power rating for these as well. Thanks to anyone that may be able to assist me.
They all are specified in 0603 package, so you can´t really choose the power rating - it is given by the package to be typically 0.1W. Thin or thick film doesn´t matter here, get any type that you have available.
The 22Ω are recommended termination resistors and I wouldn´t bother with them, 10kΩ are all pullups or pulldowns at 3.3V so they will dissipate at most 3.3*3.3./10000 = 1mW.

Hello pedro,
Hello RRRITESH, try reading more carefully. It is a flight control board for a quadcopter. Nothing to do with the big league avionics.

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
Dodgydave I have uploaded a circuit jpg thanks

kubeek I am trying to make this PCB from an existing FC board that has these 22Ω resisters incorporated into the circuit so I will be using them to stay true to the original design. Thanks for the information about basic resistor practise this is a new area of endeavour for me as if you couldn't tell :)

RRITESH yes just a pretty generic circuit for a small quad copter flight control board :D

Alienwii Schematic.jpg View attachment 93363

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello RRRITESH, try reading more carefully. It is a flight control board for a quadcopter. Nothing to do with the big league avionics.
Hello Kuubeek,
I was thinking while repairing LED sign to replace it with air plane i can earn more!