Trying to get rid of three picture tubes

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My bad. You are of course correct. I didn't realize that technology had ever been used.

Anyway, it'll be tough to find a buyer I think. Every day on Craigslist I see projection TVs on curb alert – free at the road if you get there before the trash truck.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
My town has twice a year collection of all sort of trash that can't be put in the trash, including devices with freon. It will also pick up old CRT TV's at the curb once a month. I presume your town doesn't offer either. Have you checked? While checking, ask where it can be disposed.

John

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Somebody played a joke on you.:p
You got it for free on Craig's List...now you have to find someplace to dump it instead of them.:D

I like it.:) I have so much junk here that needs a Dumpster!

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I read a funny (perhaps urban legend) story is about someone who placed a piece of furniture at the curb with the sign "Free" but no one took it, even after several days.
Then he changed the sign to ("$20") and it disappeared within a day.
I have heard a similar story told about used shipping pallets...

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The older ones do - they're about 2" diameter and run off outrageously high EHT.
That was before they had LCD or Micromirror devices to make either front or rear TV projectors, thus they used lenses to collect and focus the light from small, high-brightness, Red, Blue, and Green phosphor CRTs unto the screen.

A Homeschoolers Workbench

Joined Jul 26, 2016
The reason I got the tv was for the screen one piece of the screen is a fensal lens which is basically a magnifying glass (or plastic) so for FREE I got a 5foot x 3foot magnifying glass.
That is why I got the tv

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
The reason I got the tv was for the screen one piece of the screen is a fensal lens which is basically a magnifying glass (or plastic) so for FREE I got a 5foot x 3foot magnifying glass.
That is why I got the tv
Take it back to where you got it and leave it on the curb.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
That was before they had LCD or Micromirror devices to make either front or rear TV projectors, thus they used lenses to collect and focus the light from small, high-brightness, Red, Blue, and Green phosphor CRTs unto the screen.
What part of; "the older ones" did you not understand?