Trying to by-pass an infrared remote control

viret

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Dear AAC,
I have a low cost alarm with a remote control ifrarouge.
This remote is useless (it's the same for all alarms all over the world !).
Currently, the remote control is necessary for the alarm to start; otherwise, she remains constantly awake.
Therefore, I would like that, as soon as the power is turned on, the alarm is in "monitoring" mode, without it being necessary to press on the remote control.
So, could you help me to achieve this ?
NOTE: The cut red wires correspond to the battery wires, but I only use the 6V plug.

Many Thanks in advance !

1.jpg 2.jpg

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
You can pretend to be the IR receiver. If you have access to an arduino and an IR receiver, use it to record the pattern sent by the remote control when you press the button. Alternatively you can wire the arduino input pins to the IR receiver, put them in high impedance input mode and record the pattern directly from the IR receiver on the alarm.

Now program the arduino so that when it powers up it waits a few seconds (for the alarm to become ready) then plays the pattern on the pins connected to the alarm. As far as the alarm is concerned, the result should be the same as you pressing the button on the remote. Note that you will need to figure out if the IR receiver on the alarm is working with 5v or 3.3v logic, then make sure your arduino output is the same. We can help you with this when you get to that point.

Your option, you can either remove the IR sensor from the alarm, or put electrical tape or some other block in front of it to disable it.

viret

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Thanks !
I've take a look at the IR sensor on alarm : it's a VS1838B.
So, i'm trying to decode IR remote from this page on my next free time.
I'll put my results here.

viret

Joined Sep 24, 2019
The IR code is 4CB0FADD
So, next stage : push this code to the alarm.
Here are the connections that i imagine : could you tell me if it's OK ?
3.jpg

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
That's the right general idea for what I was thinking. Double check the voltage that the IR receiver is operating on, and double check whether it pulls low or high when it sees IR light.