Troubleshooting treadmills

Xavier Pacheco Paulino

Joined Oct 21, 2015
Hi,

Does anyone have knowledge on troubleshooting Life Fitness Treadmills? If not, do you know a technical forum about it?

I have a Life Fitness 95ti, the lower board (PCB Motor controller) is model A080-92257-C000. When I connect the emergency stop switch, the lower board shuts down.

chrystian

Joined Jul 10, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone have knowledge on troubleshooting Life Fitness Treadmills? If not, do you know a technical forum about it?

I have a Life Fitness 95ti, the lower board (PCB Motor controller) is model A080-92257-C000. When I connect the emergency stop switch, the lower board shuts down.
Hi Xavier,

was the treadmill working previously or have you assembled this treadmill from parts? There are few options - probably the motor controller is defect. There are two circuits which are powering up the board - the first one runs when the stop switch is off, it's a safety circuit that doesn't charge the motor capacitors. The second circuit goes through the main capacitors and IGBT block. You are swapping the circuits using the magnet on the console. I suppose the main circuit that is used when the treadmill should start the belt is damaged - there are a lot of parts that can cause it so it's difficult to say what directly is broken in your controller. I would start with checking the relay, IGBT and thermistors.

Best regards,
ch.