Troubleshooting of Automatic Voltage Regulator or Stabilizer

Exjay

Joined Nov 19, 2015
My AVR just knocked off. There is no output voltage being supplied but there is input voltage. I desoldered the relays, tested them with a 9v battery though rated 12v they energized. There is no physical damage of components. Please how can I repair it?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Oh that's lot stressful
NO!, tracing out a circuit of a piece of equipment is not stressful. It can be fun. BUT if all the relays operate then the problem is not relay operation. Next, verify that all of the resistors are still the correct values, and verify that none of the connections have come apart.
NOW, I am making the assumption that the AVR is for an alternator system generating power for your home. Verify that the connections to the field driven by the AVR is still the correct resistance and that it has not become short circuited to ground. And if the AVR has a control transistor, verify that it is still working. Then let us know what you have discovered.

Zuntus

Joined Mar 24, 2020
My AVR just knocked off. There is no output voltage being supplied but there is input voltage. I desoldered the relays, tested them with a 9v battery though rated 12v they energized. There is no physical damage of components. Please how can I repair it?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Why not post the model number of the equipment it? Lots of "old" equipment has technical documentation. Post pictures of the component side and the foil side ... no flash ...

Make a list of all the components by circuit symbol and value.

The time you put in now, will save you the next time.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What is going on here??
The last response to this post was back on December 22, 2019. Did the TS ever get the thing repaired? Or was it replaced, or just what did happen?
And once again it must be stated that most of those able to offer useful help lack mind-reading ability, and so any questions need to include context information, such as the brand and model of equipment that is the subject of the discussion.