Troubleshooting Incline Motor zero position Error

taz3m

Joined Feb 27, 2018
Hello..

Im new here and been navigating around and it feels like a nice place to be..

I got an Edan Treadmill TM 400 installed ( new set ) but was in store some few years back.

When connected to its ecg machine through serial port every thing is fine the test run well except that on coming to recovery stage the inclination stays on 5% while it should have been on the zero position as per his protocol.
I connected myself through Commix to the treadmill and run the code for initialisation / calibration ( Checking the motor path from 0 to max ).
It goes all the way up and down to Zero position as it should do.
Running the code for inclination increment to position one it stuck half way the travel, incrementing further steps do work well, but on decrementing the position 1 at a time, it still works correctly until the final decrement does not take place physically but position zero is noted.
The same situation takes place through the ecg machine running a step by step protocol.
But at times when starting a stress test in the middle of it it gets incline err, which surely is related with this zero position error.
What could really cause this effect, the IC present in the controller board?
Unfortunately there is no drawing which came with its manual and the edan support was and is still to think about again.

So i drop here to try and find out some help and knowledge as well. As i decided to take this off and seek for a solution and make some other one happy.

Taz.