Trouble with apc220 radio data modules,( not talking to each other).

pooky

Joined Jan 20, 2008
Hi, I am a newbe, I do have some electronic back ground and experiance, but relatively new to this
arena, so I have a pro mini controller, and two apc220 Transcievers. I have configured the two
rf modules with accompaning software (RF Magic), they are both set the same and are communicating
with the rf magic configuration software, but when connected to the pro mini and my windows 10 laptop
they dont seem to talk to each other. Note; using a usb adaptor on the pc end, and tying into the
ttl interface on pro mini, simple serial print sketch, any one out there have any experience with these
rf devices, this is basically a test circuit. Thanks for listening!

pooky

Joined Jan 20, 2008
For starters did you test the USB adapter to see whether it is being recognized by your Windows machine?
Yes, thankyou for your response, The rfmagic configuration software for the apc220 rf modules
does seem to be accessing each module as I connect it to the usb adaptor and configure
setup parameters for the module and also I did download a driver for the usb adaptor and
device manager indicates it is working, I think the problem lies somewhere else.
The Transcievers are set up with same baud rates, Net Id and Node ID, not
sure if network ID should be the same and node ID should be incremented for each
added device, I have tried multiple entries here ?.