Trouble with a Lincoln Welder control board

JoeB2Q19

Joined Feb 6, 2019
Hi everyone,

My first post here hope I have posted in the right spot for this. I am working on a Lincoln WM250 Mig welder was last using it was working left it on for a couple hours while busy doing something else, when I came back and went to weld nothing no wire feed no gas valve.
I have checked all possible basic issues and have narrowed it down to the control board, No voltage to wire feed motor or gas valve. Best I have figured the board gets it power for the wire feed motor from a auxiliary winding made into the main transformer that its a Center tap coil witch outputs about 15Vac on each leg, each leg runs through a 120Z6 Metal Oxide Varistor / a resistor / large Cap / then to the part that I think failed a rectifier (FEP16GT) My question is on this component I am testing it like a diode with my DMM Pins 1 to 2 3 to 2 Pin 3 to 2 tests ok like any diode but 1 to 2 tests shorted.

Can someone tell me if I am testing this component correctly.

Thanks, Joe

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The two outer pins should appear as two diodes WRT the centre pin.
There should be a suffix that indicates the configuration of the two diodes.
CT, A or B
Non should show shorted from 1 to 2.
Max.

JoeB2Q19

Joined Feb 6, 2019
Thanks for the reply Max it’s a CT positive case. So it sounds like I definitely have a bad rectifier. I know this is kind of a wave your magic wand question but what’s the chances that there is other damage downstream or up?

Thanks, Joe

JoeB2Q19

Joined Feb 6, 2019
Thanks for the help I’ll get some coming looks like it’s going to be eBay all the typical suppliers are out of stock for some reason.

Thanks,