Trouble ordering components from RS website from Multisim circuit

podster310

Joined Mar 18, 2017
Hi there,

Forgive my ignorance as this isn't my field.
I need to order the parts required to build this op-amp circuit I have designed in Multisim. Specifically from the RS website.
So far I think I have found the two resistors I need
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/through-hole-fixed-resistors/7906898/
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/2947327/
Although I might have to find a cheaper alternative to the 90.9 Ohm resistor as I need to keep the cost below £9.

But if someone could point me in the right direction as what to order for the two 12v power supplies or the op-amp, I'm embarrasingly clueless.

After some research I thought this (http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/113279/AD/AD3554AM.html) might be a suitable op-amp but I need to order from the RS website.

Also what about the ground?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

What gain do you require?

What is the input voltage and frequency range?

What will the opamp be driving?

podster310

Joined Mar 18, 2017
Welcome to AAC!

What gain do you require?

What is the input voltage and frequency range?

What will the opamp be driving?
Thank you!

Um, I'm not entirely sure. I'm supposed to be making a voltage amplifier circuit that provides an amplification of ×10 for frequencies between 100 and 10,000Hz, with reduced amplification outside this range. In my Multisim circuit I've used two 12v power sources.

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Then why have you designed for a gain of 20 and dealt with reducing gain above 10kHz?

The resistors values you used are abnormally low. They would more typically be 1000X larger.

Is this school work?

That's an interesting way to cheat. Just start at 100 Hz.

As already said, the resistors are way too low in value.

In order to have frequency dependence you'll need some capacitors.

pu will need bypass caps for any OP amp used, These are usually 0.1 uf ceramic caps close to the power pins, but follow the manufacturer's recommendation.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
A 100 ohm with a 1K in parallel with it is pretty close 90.91 ohms. These are standard values so they will only be a few pence each. I agree with dl324 that the resistor values seem very low unless it is high power opamp. Evn then I do not see the need for such low values.

Les.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Hi KISS,
1% resistors seem quite common these days. Farnell will supply 100R 1% in one off quantities. If the TS really needs to use such low values with +/- 12 volts peak output then he would need 4 of these in a series / parallel to get the required power rating as these are only 500 mW (The peak powwere would be about 1.5 watts if it was driven with a square wave.) I don't see the logic in one part of the potential divider being specified at 1% when the other is specified at 5%.

Les.