Triangle wave generator?

GiovaGiov

Joined Apr 3, 2015
Hi,

I was wondering how to achieve the following triangle waveform:

[1]

I've seen some circuits based on the infamous NE555 (like the following: http://hades.mech.northwestern.edu/index.php/Circuit_diagram_for_wave_generator)

But this circuit based on NE555 is only able to give me a triangle waveform which starts (powered at 15 V) from 5 volt to 10 volt.

There is some other IC (maybe a function generator like ICL8038 or CD4049, or again some Opamps) which is able to generate a triangle waveform as shown in the picture [1] ?, Someone could suggest me some practical schematic?

Thank you.

GiovaGiov

Joined Apr 3, 2015
Hi, thank you for the reply.
I've seen most of these circuits, and most of them aren't able to cover my needs; I would prefer to receive some suggestion from someone which has built some similar circuit and which is surely functional :)

Thank you anyway.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You have not stated your needs except for, "adjustable frequency triangle wave". How am I supposed to guess which of hundreds of options will provide for your needs?

GiovaGiov

Joined Apr 3, 2015
You have not stated your needs except for, "adjustable frequency triangle wave". How am I supposed to guess which of hundreds of options will provide for your needs?
I'm sorry, maybe there is a lack of comprehension, since English is not my main language. My mainly needs is to find a schematic that would me assure an excursion of the triangle wave between 0 and 15 volt, and would be nice if I can adjust this waveform between 200 and 1200 hz.

Thank you.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I can't think of any circuit which would ramp from 0V to 15V if the supply were only 15V, so I'm guessing the waveform shown involved an opamp with a dual voltage supply, with +V >15V and -V < 0V.

GiovaGiov

Joined Apr 3, 2015
Hi MikeML, this would be very good! Can you suggest me which kind of opamp could I use for this circuit?
Thank you very much.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Since I see the LT1498 in the DigiKey list, so I repeated the sim with that part. Note I can increase the gain of the buffer amp a bit, and get pretty close to the rails.
46a.gif

Attachments