Treadmill suddenly stopped working and blew fuse

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The very first pic in the OP shows the Bridge being tested, .
Post #12 type.
Those photos are all a bit fuzzy, not perfect focus, portions blocked by hands and objects, and not adequate for examining components for problems. And as I look at the style of the rectifier bridge I doubt very much that ic can be successfully unsoldered without damaging the circuit board by loosening the traces.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I have replaced a few without incidence? Just need a a solder sucker and/or dry-wick
I'd just clip them off and desolder one by one with some wick and pull each lead out while hot. Too tough to get all of those fat leads hot and solder free at the same time.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I'd just clip them off and desolder one by one with some wick and pull each lead out while hot. Too tough to get all of those fat leads hot and solder free at the same time.
I have also made up a custom copper desoldering tip that is wide enough to do all 4 in one stroke.
It will also desolder one whole side at a time of a 20 pin IC.
It is separately heated by propane torch before being applied.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Clipping off the leads is fine for replacing a part known to be failed, but it is not a reasonable diagnostic technique. The failure may also have been the breakdown of the large filter capacitor, which we can not see adequately to determine if it is in the power portion of the system. Besides that, we also do not know if the TS has discovered the correct fuse rating, or not.
And, if the board happens to have one of those transient protector devices that look like a disc capacitor, I have seen instances with one of those failing shorted and no visible indication of the failure. So we are at a point of guesses without any verification. The failure could even be a damaged mains power cord that was not obvious.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Although I would have thought a power cord short would trip the outlet breaker, the fuse is after the cord. ;)
OK, an early morning goof.
We still have no clues as to if this treadmill is new or used, and if the TS is able to verify that the fuse size is correct.
In addition, the apparent level of technical knowledge brings up the question of what sort of repairs can be made without additional ???