Treadmill pwm control

I had worked some time with treadmill hardware development, and from other manufactures I saw three types of control coming from the panel to the main board:

1- Four wire PWM: It has GND, VCC, PWM to tell the main board the set speed and one speed feedback to show in the panel display.

2- Four wire serial communication: It has GND, VCC, TX and RX.

3- Five or more wires that use push buttons to control the speed: It has GND, VCC, speed up, speed down, and enable.
Sometimes the speed sensor feedback signal comes from the main board in the same connector and sometimes it has another two way connector with GND and the speed feedback coming directly from the speed sensor to the panel.
In some models the main board connector also has more than one GND.

If you can't get a service manual with the connector pinout or someone that has this information, I think the only way is trying measure the signals on the connector pins to understand its functions.

You can measure the voltage between ground and the other pins of the connector when the motor is stopped, when you press speed up and so on.
But pay attention to not get an electric shock when testing it powered, some models are not isolated from the mains.

Do you have an oscilloscope?
It will help you find quickly the PWM signal if the panel sends one to set the speed of the main board.
help me too
I have buying a new vfd drive for commercial treadmill to control motor speed as my treadmill preinstalled MCU is not working ,my treadmill console has 4 wire
0/1,txd,rxd,gnd i m confuse how to wire these 4 wires in vfd terminal to generate pwm
As you know its display panel(console) has pulse input in the back of it with sensor

Indiman60

Joined Jan 21, 2021
Yes another question about controlling a treadmill control board with Pwm(I want to use a pwm generator since the main control panel is so bulky), I’ve have spent hours trying to find any information on this board but haven’t found much.
I’m pretty sure it’s pwm control since it’s says pwm-13 on it.

I’m not really sure on where to start with what wires to use and what hz to use? Or if I can even control it at the main board?

I can see printed on the board, MFI and itm.pwm-13 ver.d
If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

View attachment 278525
View attachment 278526
View attachment 278527
Hi there! Although I'm not too sure your query in general is still "alive" and whether my reply is valid. From what I know my pal in Australia was facing similar issues with his threadmill and I remember helping him in this connx. Pz take a look at the part that i have included for your reference as I,m sure it will be quite useful for you. For the whole issue you could go directly to el34world.com and get a firm grasp on the whole issue as there are many tips and details that could help you out apart from the generous help that you recieved here. Have a nice day.

Attachments

HANCYM

Joined Apr 25, 2023
I think the board that's being referred to here is the same as mine. I found that you can control it with a small 555 frequency circuit from eBay outputting 12v
Purple + 12v
Green +12v Pulse (Motor Runs at Idle Speed)
Yellow +12v Pulse (Increase Speed)
Orange +12v Pulse (Decrease Speed)
Red +12v Pulse (Brake to Idle)

OR

Just buy one of these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285648662200