Treadmill motor controller question

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
ECM, Electronically commutated.
Has to be Really well balanced at that RPM's. o_O
====================
ECM?
Did you even read what I said? I don't believe you did. :)

" In this picture, I turned one of them hub motors from LG using another washing machine induction motor. The hub motor produced 3 phase power which in turn it span the other motor from another washing machine. You can see it below there. That 3 phase is a bosch and it span around 19000 rpm. Make that over 23000 rpm. "

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
So you are saying it is not?
========================
Read this: Direct hook up of the three wires from the bldc ( used it's three wires) to the Bosch motor (3 phase 190VAC).
In other words I used the bldc hub motor as a three phase generator by simply spinning it. It is obvious and is exactly what I said.

However this same set up did not work when I hooked up to run a GE 120VAC three phase washing machine motor. That motor coped an attitutude.

The bldc seem to produce high voltage, low current at their present configuration. And how the bosch motor responds to it, beats me.

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
I knew what you meant.:(
The outrunners are PM.
NOT induction motors.
=====================
On that Bosch motor, it does say, gets up to 19000 rpm. 190VAC 3-phase.
What I don't get is the hub motor does not exactly supply AC, however, each collective coil have 120 degrees phase difference.
I have wounded my own stator just for fun and placed a pair of magnet armature inside and supplied it with a cheap brushless driver, no hall sensor. Depending on how close the armature is and how well the bearings are and how secure, you can get some serious rpm.

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
Are they the Fischer-Paykel direct drive out-runner versions ?
(outer body turns)
===============================================
Alright sir. You wanna hear the latest as of barely half hr ago?
Don't mind me if say I cracked the code.
This barely made it out of high school drop out figured how to use the control board of the powerful nice red Vision Fitness 3HP motor run like grape ape.
I never seen a grape ape run to be honest, have you? I jjust to have google it I guess.

But I got this going and no matter where I turned, not one single educated well informed heavyweights said anything remotely that would resemble an answer.
Of course what else can the experts offer besides empty promises and a bunch of......... you know and the pooof. ....... this statement need not be finished.
Just to help the memory... remember this the objective of this thread.
It purrs like a kitten, pleasant sound to the ears.

Attachments

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
"" How can I get the motor going given what you see. ""

That depends,
are You trying to fix a Treadmill, or use the Motor for other purposes ?
==============================================
No worries.
I cracked the wiring of the motor control board the main reason for this post I needed help with.

Not a place, not in any nook and corner and no matter where I reached with hours and hours and hours and days and days on the world wide web I did not get even the slightest hint of an answer besides a bunch of...............

The motor runs so smooth, I couldn't have done it better myself. There is an interesting sound associated with a quality product. It is so refined. It has that pleasant whistle that the ears recieve.

A strange joy decends....
It is interesting to notice that there is such a thing as a feeling of being happy for oneself. It is a very interesting experience to say the least. Especially when one is so inept with the whole circle of the educated gang with high flying words coming at you.

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
Hi all
I'd like to get a decent treadmill for our garage but I don't have a clue as to what to look for or where best to buy from. It doesn't need to have loads of features in terms of programs, etc, but I would like it to be a fairly sturdy one. I'm around 13.5 stone and don't want to feel like it's going to collapse under me!
Are there any online shops that usually sell good quality stuff for decent prices? I've had a look on Amazon and there are loads of random brands from unknown Chinese companies that seem to use stock photos with photoshopped images and very mixed reviews, some look blatant rip-offs. I've also looked at Argos, but I'm always a bit wary of buying stuff like that from Argos; they're usually the full RRP and often not high-quality stuff.
Budget wise I'd like to keep it around £500 but could go higher if it's worth it.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
=======================================
Myself, I don't know anything about what Treadmill is most reliable or decent. It is too complicated to say the least. Who are the designers and how they build them circuits etc.
But the bigger the more horsepower the motor, perhaps the better off you would be, that is my opinion.
I myself I rather go for nice walks with my two little dogs and preferrably in the evening as it is quiter and I don't have to be starring or get starred at by humanity and my lack of proper clothing and messed up hair.