Treadmill Motor Control Board

JMacG

Joined Oct 12, 2021
Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post so here goes.

I bought a treadmill motor and control board (photo attached) from Ebay for a lathe project I'm working on. The problem I've got is that I can't identify what board it is. I've trawled through Google images but can't see it. The nearest match I could see was a Quantum Q3 lower power control board. I'm hoping somebody on the Forum can identify the board so hopefully I can get some information on how it works and how to connect it.

Regards
JMacG

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A little late, but you may have been better off obtaining a MC-60 or better still MC2100 for a controller, lots of information and schematics available.

JMacG

Joined Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for the reply Max. You're right, I should have done more research before buying. There seems to be a lot of stuff on Youtube about the controllers you mention so if I can't solve the problem of the 'mystery board', that might be the way to go.

I noticed that there are several variations of the MC2100 controller board featured on the internet. Would that make a difference for the application I have in mind?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I noticed that there are several variations of the MC2100 controller board featured on the internet. Would that make a difference for the application I have in mind?
The design varies slightly between versions, but the basic control is identical on each of them. Especially what you need it for.
The MC2100 requires an add on PWM controller board. Of which there are a few designs out there.
A while ago I put one together using a picmicro, I have used them on four MC versions so far.

Attachments

JMacG

Joined Oct 12, 2021
Thanks Max, I'll bear your advice in mind when I'm looking for a MC2100 board. Do you sell the PWM controllers?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have in the past, just the board poulated and tested with pot, CAN$20.00 you just need to add a a stop & start PB of your own.
I have not got around to the reversible version yet., this can be done with a simple relay, just ensure the motor is stopped before reversing, in this case

Last edited:

JMacG

Joined Oct 12, 2021
I had a look for an MC60 or MC2100 board as MaxHR suggested but these are not readily available here in the UK. The only ones I could find are only available on an exchange basis, so I decided to keep going with the board I have already. Luckily I found an almost exact match for a speed controller board that is fitted to a True Fitness treadmill. After another search I found a diagram for the connector which connects the speed controller board to the console (see attached). Unfortunately this doesn't show which are input and output signals to/from the board, so hopefully somebody on the forum could tell me what they are.

Regards
JMacG

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
They show "Speed Signal" and also "Command PWM", of which either could be the speed input, also if PWM speed command such as the MC2100 uses, you need to know the PWM frequency.
What are the three spade terminals at the lower LH side?
Is the power input the two spade terminals above the MOV?

JMacG

Joined Oct 12, 2021
They show "Speed Signal" and also "Command PWM", of which either could be the speed input, also if PWM speed command such as the MC2100 uses, you need to know the PWM frequency.
What are the three spade terminals at the lower LH side?
Is the power input the two spade terminals above the MOV?
The 3 spade terminals are GND A, GND B, GND C. I found a schematic diagram for the motor speed control circuit and these terminals are not included so I assume they are not needed for my purpose. The 2 AC power spade connectors are just above the round blue component (sorry for non-technical language but I don't know what it is). Other connections I've identified are two spade terminals for the motor and a 3 pin connector for the speed sensor. I don't know what the PWM frequency is so I'm hoping to find that by trial and error (if that's possible).

Abib Asfaw

Joined Nov 17, 2021
A little late, but you may have been better off obtaining a MC-60 or better still MC2100 for a controller, lots of information and schematics available.
Hello Max

I have horizon and LIVESTRONG treadmills. I repaired the motor control board but I used part from China work for couple of days and burn .
Is there any way I can buy in North America. Original mosfet and rectifier
Please send me the link
Thanks

FairFrank

Joined Sep 30, 2021
Hello Max

I have horizon and LIVESTRONG treadmills(similar to these). I repaired the motor control board but I used part from China work for couple of days and burn .
Is there any way I can buy in North America. Original mosfet and rectifier
Please send me the link
Thanks
HI, did you find them? Can you share the links? I can't find it on sites listed above