treadmill motor accelleration

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by victoriaredgreen, Jul 21, 2017.

1. victoriaredgreen

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 21, 2017
    I have built what amounts to a go kart using an inverter and a treadmill motor and controler the acceleration time on the controller is not adjustable. I have a solid electro mechanical background but once a component has more than two legs I get lost. The motor is about 2 1/2 hp and uses an MC-60 controller. it runs okay but the lag in acceleration and deceleration makes everything difficult. especially throttling back and putting on the brakes. On better motor controllers there is a pot or variable resistor to change the acceleration. I assume that there is a fixed resistor that can either be removed or replaced with a different value and get instant voltage change.

Does anyone have experience with this and can help me?

Eric in Victoria BC Canada

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    On the MC-60 R19 can be removed to defeat having to take the pot to zero to start.
    I have managed to defeat the accel decel time, you may be better looking at a KB controller for complete control.
    Max.

3. victoriaredgreen

Jul 21, 2017
    I am having trouble finding R19, lots of others are numbered but not 19 it seems. how did you defeat the acc/dec delay?

4. victoriaredgreen

Jul 21, 2017
    R 37 looks like it was clipped at the factory, standing on one leg

5. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    If you search here I have previously posted reverse engineered drawings of the MC-60.
    Some of the resistors are tailored for different motor etc. And removed or cur as needed.
    Max.

6. victoriaredgreen

Jul 21, 2017
    thank you max. I will search mc 60

7. victoriaredgreen

Jul 21, 2017
    I think I found the right schematics but they are beyond my ability to understand.