Treadmill fuse help please!!

RayanRai

Joined Mar 30, 2020
You would be trying it with a known reduced load in an attempt to eliminate the motor.
Max.
OK, so just to be clear, take a house lamp, take the wire's apart and attach the positive and negative wires to the circuit and switch the treadmill on to see if the fuse blows again? I have a 8v car battery, would that work? It's the same battery I attached to the motor to verify it spun.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A car battery will test the motor up to a point,
The lamp test would be a fairly conclusive test of the drive, eliminate shorts etc.
Max.

RayanRai

Joined Mar 30, 2020
A car battery will test the motor up to a point,
The lamp test would be a fairly conclusive test of the drive, eliminate shorts etc.
Max.
Hey Max

The fuse blew with the lamp test. So we can say it's not the motor now. I am going to get some lubricant and try that on the belt. Did this a coupe months ago but will do it again as I heaed friction but also be a reason.

Inspected the board again and nothing loose or burnt out.

Any more ideas?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The fuse blew with the lamp test. So we can say it's not the motor now. I am going to get some lubricant and try that on the belt. Did this a coupe months ago but will do it again as I heaed friction but also be a reason.
Obviously not the belt either if lamp tested sans motor.
Probabally the Mosfet/BJT devices need checking.
Max.

RayanRai

Joined Mar 30, 2020
Obviously not the belt either if lamp tested sans motor.
Probabally the Mosfet/BJT devices need checking.
Max.
Could you pleased point me to what those are in my picture?

That metal box is glued down and is connected to the circuit, not sure I can take it off.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Look at it this way, that board is useless until you can fix it, it sounds like the switching device is under the cover. carefully pry away the glue if it’s soft, or cut/chip it if it’s hard.

looks like it’s soldered and grounded on one side. I would start by desoldering it.

7E9D76EC-3C75-4FA9-A0AA-65E8A3CCE4FB.jpeg

RayanRai

Joined Mar 30, 2020
Ok guy's one lasts test. Hooked up the circuit to my12v battery and the fuse does not blow. It's the power getting from the belt motor is when it blows.

Does that change anything?

Or do I still need to see what's under the silver box?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
12v is not going to cut it, if it still blows without motor connected as you suggest, then it is fairly obvious it is on the board somewhere! ;)
Max.