treadmill conversion

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Are u using a stand alone PSU to run the motor?
If so there won;t be any control.

You need the PWM drive to control speed

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I built a tumbler out of a old wire feeder drive motor last year for my wife to use.

All I did was take an off the shelf heavy duty light dimmer (~ $8 ) and put that on the input AC side of a full wave bridge rectifier that fed the motor. Works good and has good stability over the full range of speed.

1stfrodo

Joined Oct 30, 2015
max, I cant tell you about a big ole pot of water, that one would need to bring up to boil then let it simmer

you might be one of them folks who takes offence to other folks who heat up up big ole pots of water.

lets just call it a cray fish pot, and move on from their. come here and sit on the porch,

here, take a pull offa this and tell me about max head room...I remember that fella from WAAAAAAAY back in the early 80's

funny lil feller on the MTV. wasn't it?

1stfrodo

Joined Oct 30, 2015
reason i am not wanting to use the original consoul its to big, i dont want all the crap that goes with it

tread mill 004.JPG

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
funny lil feller on the MTV. wasn't it?
Yes, he only existed in cyber space, which pretty well sums it up for me now.!:p

It looks like you have the PWM controlled version instead of the simple 5k pot, there are mods out there to use the board without the console, but you need to build a circuit from a 555 IC which you may not want to go to the bother.
I may pick one up one of these days and come up with a simple solution.
If the dimmer and rectifier works for you, it may be the simplest way to go in your case. To bad because the board you have is a nice control.
Max.

1stfrodo

Joined Oct 30, 2015
I built a tumbler out of a old wire feeder drive motor last year for my wife to use.

All I did was take an off the shelf heavy duty light dimmer (~ $8 ) and put that on the input AC side of a full wave bridge rectifier that fed the motor. Works good and has good stability over the full range of speed.

I saw your signature for cuckoo.

check out this stuff

Attachments