davidha1

Joined Dec 9, 2023
Hello, can anyone help with this please? This is a motor control board for a treadmill and I need to remove or adjust the current overflow cut off device. Can anyone identify it please on this board or tell me if it is adjustable/removable. It is a Reebok ZR 8 treadmill and it’s a common fault. The motor does not have it built in like some, apparently it is in the circuit board.
Any help appreciated.
Regards
David

Attachments

I'm here because I've just picked up a spares or repair ZR8 for £50. It works, but throws up an E05 error when cold. It is a bit more happy once warmed up - will run for an hour at a very gentle jogging speed. I've just dismantled and cleaned the motor but no change. The deck and belt are in very good condition, so now I'm thinking it's the controller board that has an issue. I stood off it and ramped up the speed and it blew its own fuze.

I wonder if the current overflow circuit is in the display board. Something is generating the current overflow error code. Maybe the measurement for that is done in the display circuitry and stopping the motor.

Oh, by the way, the blue block with the black line across it at the top of your photos, is supposedly a current adjustment pot. When I adjusted mine, it did either weaken the power of the motor, or made it pulse / jolt. Adjusting this didn't stop the error occurring on mine.

davidha1

Joined Dec 9, 2023
I wonder if the current overflow circuit is in the display board. Something is generating the current overflow error code. Maybe the measurement for that is done in the display circuitry and stopping the motor.
Hello, thanks for the response - I will try and have a look when I get a chance. It will be interesting if it is in the display. Please let me know if you make any progress.
Kind rehards
David

I've come to the conclusion that my motor is drawing too much current and that it is the motor at fault - not the board. I've dismantled the motor and can see evidence of burning in places. This would explain the increased power draw. Once I've got a new fuse (that was a big clue that it wasn't a false error!), I'll perform some measurements to be sure, then I'll fit the brand new motor I bought and keep my fingers crossed.

davidha1

Joined Dec 9, 2023
I've come to the conclusion that my motor is drawing too much current and that it is the motor at fault - not the board. I've dismantled the motor and can see evidence of burning in places. This would explain the increased power draw. Once I've got a new fuse (that was a big clue that it wasn't a false error!), I'll perform some measurements to be sure, then I'll fit the brand new motor I bought and keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update, let me know how you get on please.

Hi, so I think I'm just about there.

I replaced the motor from a chap called the Treadmill Doctor in the UK. It seems ok, he claimed it was a genuine replacement, I'm not convinced.

I hooked it up and it was better for a few minutes, but then threw another 05 error message. I then adjusted the pot on the board, turning it anti-clockwise (turning it the other way caused the yo-yo effect), and so far, no more error.

I'm being very cautious with it as I'm worried the error is still in there somewhere, and I dont want to mistreat it. It's now working for me, I take it up to 10kph and jog for 30 mins, and all is well.

I also bought an amp meter to plug into the wall socket so I can constantly measure the draw. It's suprising how much extra current it pulls when it's cold, so I'm heeding the general advice for all treadmills to not stand on the belt when it first starts up and to step onto it only once it's moving. Also to just walk on it for at least 2 mins to let it warm up a little - this is reflected in the amount of current it pulls, you can see it comes down as it warms up. Also it's vital of course to lubricate the belt. Also quite suprising was the lower power it uses when even on a 2 degree incline. That alone reduces the amps passing through the machine.

Hope all that helps!

davidha1

Joined Dec 9, 2023
Hi, so I think I'm just about there.

I replaced the motor from a chap called the Treadmill Doctor in the UK. It seems ok, he claimed it was a genuine replacement, I'm not convinced.

I hooked it up and it was better for a few minutes, but then threw another 05 error message. I then adjusted the pot on the board, turning it anti-clockwise (turning it the other way caused the yo-yo effect), and so far, no more error.

I'm being very cautious with it as I'm worried the error is still in there somewhere, and I dont want to mistreat it. It's now working for me, I take it up to 10kph and jog for 30 mins, and all is well.

I also bought an amp meter to plug into the wall socket so I can constantly measure the draw. It's suprising how much extra current it pulls when it's cold, so I'm heeding the general advice for all treadmills to not stand on the belt when it first starts up and to step onto it only once it's moving. Also to just walk on it for at least 2 mins to let it warm up a little - this is reflected in the amount of current it pulls, you can see it comes down as it warms up. Also it's vital of course to lubricate the belt. Also quite suprising was the lower power it uses when even on a 2 degree incline. That alone reduces the amps passing through the machine.

Hope all that helps!
Thanks for the update