Treadmill Circuit Board Blown

mally

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hello, am a newbie to this site and from the post's i've read it's the best place for me to get the help i need ..
In short i got a treadmill to rip out the motor and circuit board so i can use the motor in my wood lathe as the motor i am using is a teeny tiny one (about 1/2 hp)
As i have removed all the parts from the treadmill i noticed that a few components have blow up , they are so bad i don't know what there value are .
The circuit came out of a V fit machine and one of the components is a resistor and the other (i think) was a ceramic capacitor, I have searched the internet for hours n hours but the closest i got was www.lulusoso.com they have a picture of the same circuit be as much as i tried to zoom in on the board i cannot still make out the components . My question is can anyone find out what i need or failing that i could just chuck it in the bin and try make one from scratch (with a lot of help from this site) I have shown pictures of my board with missing parts and the picture of the one i have tracked down on the web. Cheers for reading and for the record am only a novice with electric but eager to learn more.
Mal

Attachments

mally

Joined Feb 4, 2016
If you let me know what it would possible start with it would help me to try find it ,as there is a few numbers / codes on the board cheer.
Thank you ISB123 :D i will replace them and see what happens , is it possible that something else that's gone as well that's caused the resistor/ capacitor to blow ?? if there anything else i could check before i flick the switch after i replace them ?? here is some more pictures of the circuit board if you can see any model numbers or possible component's to check .
Many thanks Mal

Attachments

mally

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Oh cheers :confused: , i will check that out and sort the other parts out and see how it goes :rolleyes:. I will let you know what happens .
After this small problem i have a bigger one to come mmmmmmmmm i hear you say :eek: lol Cheers again for your help .
Mal

mally

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hiya guy's i been down to maplin to get these parts as ISB 123 had said , well after a big discussion about the parts they have supplied my with, i still think there are not the right one's :(. To me these are far too small , before i put them in could i get a second opinion please .
I have posted pictures of the parts bought and also the resistor that actually blew up which i have put it next to it to show the size difference .
Thank you
Mal

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
At this point try it, if it immediately overheats rapidly then there is most likely some other problem that is causing the over-current.
Max.

mally

Joined Feb 4, 2016
At this point try it, if it immediately overheats rapidly then there is most likely some other problem that is causing the over-current.
Max.
Hello Max
I have managed to track down the controller / model number for my circuit board it's "TM5942" i have not yet tried the new parts i bought just in case this new info can help you to identify the correct component's ..
Cheers Mal

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Nothing shows up, it appears the board has a custom microcontroller, very unusual for a T.M. board.
If you try the resistor it is not much of a loss if it blows again, I would test those large semi's for short.
Max.

mally

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Your thermistor is too small, you need a varistor (mov), what are the markings on the mov ( blue disc object) try cpc for better selection.

http://cpc.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/s...6&st=Mov&pageSize=25&showResults=true&aa=true
Thank you for the link . i think i know the one i need . The marking on mine is CNR 10d471k p5
form the link you gave me i think this is the one i need to get to replace mine
http://cpc.farnell.com/epcos/b72210...k&selectedCategoryId=&categoryId=700000011456
cheers
Mal