Treadmill blowing 13 Amp fuse in plug

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Then that would appear to point to the SCR or its circuit rather than the IGBT/Mosfet, which if shorted, should blow right away at power up.
The programmed speed command is given to the IGBT when Start is issued, but the power is ramped up with the SCR, which if shorted, would place full voltage on the motor and likely be the cause of the fuse blowing.
Max..

Pantlessnoodle

Joined Sep 13, 2020
Then that would appear to point to the SCR or its circuit rather than the IGBT/Mosfet, which if shorted, should blow right away at power up.
The programmed speed command is given to the IGBT when Start is issued, but the power is ramped up with the SCR, which if shorted, would place full voltage on the motor and likely be the cause of the fuse blowing.
Max..
Ah I see, would you happen to know what scr to get for the MC2100 ELS 18w board?

Pantlessnoodle

Joined Sep 13, 2020
Good luck. :cool:
Max.
Soldered in the new components, turned on fine, hit start without motor attached. Then turned it off and connected motor. Hit start and big spark and blew. Think it's scrap time. Take out motor and sell it.

EDIT.Replacd fuse and switched on no problems everything works and starts when motor not connected. Back to scratch. Considering trying an digital scr controller from Amazon with a rectifier

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Too bad, I made a board up for testing these or running the board stand-alone.
It substitutes the control console signals.
If you had been local, I would have taken a look at it! :)
Max.

Pantlessnoodle

Joined Sep 13, 2020
Too bad, I made a board up for testing these or running the board stand-alone.
It substitutes the control console signals.
If you had been local, I would have taken a look at it! :)
Max.
Yeah it sucks haha, I appreciate your help! Yeah if I were local to you that would of been awesome. Saw this do you think it could work as a substitute board?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The only problem is if the motor is OK, you won't have auto speed control, the speed will probably wander all over with varying load.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Can't speak to those as compatible, are they 230vac supply?
You have the version with the external L.V. supply transformer, Right?
Most that came after had it built in on the board.
Is it supposed to replace the MC2100 boards?
Max.

Pantlessnoodle

Joined Sep 13, 2020
Can't speak to those as compatible, are they 230vac supply?
You have the version with the external L.V. supply transformer, Right?
Most that came after had it built in on the board.
Is it supposed to replace the MC2100 boards?
Max.
Yeah the transformer screws underneath the metal plate where the board mounts onto. I think its probably best to go with an SCR controller and a rectifier. Cheap to make and not much in it to wire up. If you have any suggestions or links to a decent SCR Controller to how to make a simple motor controller with Parts to convert AC to DC that would be amazing! If not all good few YouTube tutorials i could have a peep at :)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is quite a few of the plain Triac controllers out there for power tools etc, you just add a full wave bridge between the output and the motor.
The better alternative but entails more components is the PWM controller, if you can get one for 230v.
Max.

Pantlessnoodle

Joined Sep 13, 2020
There is quite a few of the plain Triac controllers out there for power tools etc, you just add a full wave bridge between the output and the motor.
The better alternative but entails more components is the PWM controller, if you can get one for 230v.
Max.
Yeah was looking for a high volt PWM Controller but just couldnt find any other than being really expensive. So i was thinking this:

SCR Controller: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...c_img_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A377Z8NE9XHCBB

Full Wave Bridge: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heschen-si...0972589&sprefix=full+wave+rec,aps,181&sr=8-10

So we'd have AC to the SCR controller then the full wave rectifier then to the Motor? hopefully would make the motor slow at 1% on the controller regulator. What do you think? would i get walking speed at lowest %?

Pantlessnoodle

Joined Sep 13, 2020