transistors burnt out

lionellll

Joined Dec 18, 2022
I installed a new solar invertor, switched on AC , all seemed perfect, switched off AC, switched on battery power, 48v, all seemd perfect for 2 minutes, then alarm sounded, and it switched off. Dead, Transistors had burnt out, why? I`m scared of same thing happening, I checked and tripple checked, all perfect, please give possible reasons, and prevention strategy, thank you

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I installed a new solar invertor, switched on AC , all seemed perfect, switched off AC, switched on battery power, 48v, all seemd perfect for 2 minutes, then alarm sounded, and it switched off. Dead, Transistors had burnt out, why? I`m scared of same thing happening, I checked and tripple checked, all perfect, please give possible reasons, and prevention strategy, thank you
Perhaps it wasn't a very good inverter.
How much load did you connect? What is its maximum rating? Is it grid-tied? Was there a fault on the mains supply?

lionellll

Joined Dec 18, 2022
It's a Lux power, which apparently is one of the better Invertors, no load was connected, it's a 5Kw rated invertor, it is a grid tied invertor, but wasn't at that time