Transistor is just not working

Chukk

Joined Mar 13, 2021
electrons does come from negative side but i dont suggest you think that way. think like electrons come from positive side. like crutschow said.
Okay, I think I finally get it. Thank you all for your patience. The circuit also works now.

jkwilborn

Joined Jan 26, 2016
Electrons are what's moving, in my view... If you think of a thin wire the size of one element (material of the conductor) where only one electron can move, to move it must a 'place to move' usually referred to as a 'hole.' So if the electron moves right, the 'hole' or positive flow, moves left. On a normal transistor, diode the arrow points in the direction of hole flow. As was pointed out, pick one and stick with that. The problem occurs when trying to follow someone else's explanation using the other method.

Arduino is capable of driving most LEDs directly, current limits are clearly established in the data sheet. You made an inverter, hang in there, you're getting it. You'll catch on more quickly as you go... Take care.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
think like electrons come from positive side. like crutschow said.
That's not what I said.
Conventional current flow (which I use) assumes (mythical) positive carriers (and those are not considered "holes" which only occur in semiconductors) that move from the positive side to the negative of a battery.
If you talk about electrons, then they move from the negative side of the battery to the positive.
You can't say electrons come from the positive side, since that's obviously not true.

psoke0

Joined Mar 31, 2017
That's not what I said.
Conventional current flow (which I use) assumes (mythical) positive carriers (and those are not considered "holes" which only occur in semiconductors) that move from the positive side to the negative of a battery.
If you talk about electrons, then they move from the negative side of the battery to the positive.
You can't say electrons come from the positive side, since that's obviously not true.
that is right my mistake

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
No, your mistake was incorrect breadboard circuits. You second picture shows multiple parts that do not connect to anything.

Bob