Transformer problems

ambrous

Joined Dec 29, 2014
just for future googlers. 14.2v ac off a andis sensa chargw that isnt powering on for some reason.

Mod Edit: Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

This was split from Help to find specs of this transformer

In addition, you have practiced the arcane art of necromancy, the revival of a long dead thread. Likely the OP (Original Poster) has solved his problem in the years that has passed, or thrown it away, or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I dont think that the whole circuit is burned. it was connected to electricity for about 20 seconds which was enough to cook the transformer :D but I hope the circuit is still OK.
A transformer does not usually 'cook' in 20 seconds, it is possible that a fuse embedded in the winding is blown?
Does the primary show continuity, if so what happens when you connect just the txfr to 120v?
Max.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

This was split from Help to find specs of this transformer

In addition, you have practiced the arcane art of necromancy, the revival of a long dead thread. Likely the OP (Original Poster) has solved his problem in the years that has passed, or thrown it away, or something.