Electronic Fundamentals Diode and Transformer Question Problems.

cungdongma

Joined Mar 5, 2023
1678009311232.png
Hello I want to ask if there are any resource library regarding these questions, for example the equation which I can follow up or any kind of videos that explain about similar problems that I have in the circuit. Im very sorry for asking this because I never study any electronic fundamentals regarding circuits and I don't have any knowledge about it.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If the diode were removed from the circuit, could you calculate the voltage across the two nodes that it was previously connected to?

If so, do that and if the voltage is such that it would forward bias the diode, then when the diode is put back in the circuit it will be forward biased and conducting current (and clamping the voltage at its forward voltage value).

If you can't, then you need to take a step back and learn how to analyze circuits that have nothing but voltage sources and resistors.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
View attachment 288959
Hello I want to ask if there are any resource library regarding these questions, for example the equation which I can follow up or any kind of videos that explain about similar problems that I have in the circuit. Im very sorry for asking this because I never study any electronic fundamentals regarding circuits and I don't have any knowledge about it.
I have a hard time believing that these are the first problems that you are encountering. If that is the case, you are in the wrong class or using the wrong material. This website has a structured introductory course in circuits. I suggest you start there or along a similar path.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
View attachment 288959
Hi,

If you have no knowledge of electronic circuits that's going to be a big problem.
The most you can get from anyone that will do you any good is a direct answer to all the problems, and that wont teach you anything.

The big question on everyone's mind is why were you asked these questions if you had no previous experience in this area?
Some of these questions requires some skill in solving that would take a little time in itself to learn. Once you learn it however you can solve all these circuits and even a lot more.

Think about first learning a general analysis method, and some practical circuits like with resistors and batteries, then go from there. There are a lot of people right here that would help you with this. You do have to realize that it takes some time to learn, depending on how far you want to go. Since you have no experience at all, or so it seems, i would say give yourself at least a month depending on how much math you had before this.