Tonight's Libation

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
LOL!

A new moniker, aye? I should think 'Prince Prospero' would be more appropriate... But on second thoughts... perhaps not...:rolleyes:

For all that, I cannot imagine infection with COVID-19 nor even Ebola eclipsing the negative health effects corollary to ingestion of a single pint of that swill! -- In my ever-so humble opinion, of course;)

TTFN
HP:cool:
I hate "Corona" beer... it tastes like... well, maybe this analogy helps explain it best:

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...without-drinking-due-to-yeast-in-her-bladder/

A woman who urinates alcohol without having consumed any is the first person to be diagnosed with “urinary auto-brewery syndrome”. The condition is caused by yeast in the bladder, which ferments the sugar in urine to produce alcohol.

I hate "Corona" beer... it tastes like... well, maybe this analogy helps explain it best:

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...without-drinking-due-to-yeast-in-her-bladder/
While Indeed varied cases/manifestations of what might generally be described as 'in-vivo EtOH production' --although rather uncommon-- are well documented. That said, I can hardly suggest citation of such in defense of, for instance, OWI charges...

--Can't ya just hear it?--

Apprehended Driver: I swear! I 'avent touched a drop in years! Ya see officer, It's just that I 'ave this condition...
Arresting LEO (wanly rolling eyes): Whatever! Did you hear me say you have the right to remain silent? - Pleeeez use it!
:D

I would have said 'essence of wet dog' with an over-powering 'twist' of Eau de toilet (sic) -- thus it seems we're not too far apart on our assay of the potable in question;)

TTFN
HP:)

Last edited:
We home beer brewers must have a healthy dose of it then, as many like myself use bottle conditioning to provide carbonation. o_O
If that means what it seems to mean (Uggg! Best not to dwell upon it!o_O) -- Egads man! Brewer's yeast is inexpensive abundant and available commercially!

With sincere hope that I've misunderstood your post!

Best regards
HP:cool:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If that means what it seems to mean (Uggg! Best not to dwell upon it!o_O) -- Egads man! Brewer's yeast is inexpensive abundant and available commercially!
With sincere hope that I've misunderstood your post!
The home brewing process is the wort is fermented using (preferably) a Lab beer yeast culture offering different strains.
Fermented until specific gravity read 1.010 and clearing has taken place.
A quantity of dissolved corn sugar is then added and the brew is bottled, the small amount of sugar causes a degree of fermentation due to yeast cells remaining in suspension.
Hence the bottle is now carbonated.
One month later the brew is ready to be sampled. :cool:
Max.

P.S. some commercial Trappist Monk brewery's use a similar method to carbonate.

Last edited:
The home brewing process is the wort is fermented using (preferably) a Lab beer yeast culture offering different strains.
Fermented until specific gravity read 1.010 and clearing has taken place.
A quantity of dissolved corn sugar is then added and the brew is bottled, the small amount of sugar causes a degree of fermentation due to yeast cells remaining in suspension.
Hence the bottle is now carbonated.
One month later the brew is ready to be sampled. :cool:
Max.

P.S. some commercial Trappist Monk brewery's use a similar method to carbonate.
Sincerely! Thank you! -- You've restored my faith in home brewing!:)

Best regards
HP

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I wonder who started all that Corona madness???
Scientists recently discovered that beer contains small traces of female hormones. This was proven by giving 100 men 12 pints of beer and observed that an astonishing percentage, 100%, started talking nonsense and couldn’t drive.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My local Irish Pub is named McSwiggans. The part of the state of Massachusetts where I live is nicknamed the Irish Riviera. There is an Irish pub every few miles.

McSwiggans has a machine with a smartphone app, where they’ll print a custom image on your Guinness head. Here’s my logo on a pint!

E0029C7F-03DC-4F99-9845-3BD621D920C0.jpeg

Last edited:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Strong, united families have a future.

For the new kindergarten classes period starting one week ago, the teacher of my eldest grandaughter requested their parents to bring in advance some simple materials, like caps, blocks, small boxes and the like for the typical crafts they could perform in this semester.

The family agreed on collecting all personal contributions for her to bring to the teacher on her first day.

Proud to say, it was an incredible success.

20200301_131000.jpg