Tonight's Libation

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
SENIOR’S MEDICAL ADVICE

I don't understand why prescription medicine is allowed to advertise on TV or why anyone would think of trying one of the medicines after listening to the laundry list of warnings of possible side effects. But this is definitely an exception!

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Do you suffer from shyness?
Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?
Do you sometimes feel stressed?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Cabernet Sauvignon!

Cabernet Sauvignon is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident. It can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Cabernet Sauvignon almost immediately and, with a regimen of regular doses, you'll overcome obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past. You will discover talents you never knew you had.

Cabernet Sauvignon may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use it but women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side Effects May Include:
Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Warnings:
The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to think you can sing.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Chardonnay, Scotch, Vodka or Bourbon and of course Beer may be substituted for Cabernet Sauvignon, with similar results!

Please feel free to share this important information!

LIFE IS A CABERNET OLD CHUM!!

SENIOR’S MEDICAL ADVICE

I don't understand why prescription medicine is allowed to advertise on TV or why anyone would think of trying one of the medicines after listening to the laundry list of warnings of possible side effects. But this is definitely an exception!

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Do you suffer from shyness?
Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?
Do you sometimes feel stressed?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Cabernet Sauvignon!

Cabernet Sauvignon is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident. It can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Cabernet Sauvignon almost immediately and, with a regimen of regular doses, you'll overcome obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past. You will discover talents you never knew you had.

Cabernet Sauvignon may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use it but women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side Effects May Include:
Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Warnings:
The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to think you can sing.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Chardonnay, Scotch, Vodka or Bourbon and of course Beer may be substituted for Cabernet Sauvignon, with similar results!

Please feel free to share this important information!

LIFE IS A CABERNET OLD CHUM!!
...And the obligatory disclaimer/solicitation:
Ask your local publican or wine merchant if Cabernet Sauvignon is right for you!

TTFN
HP:D

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Tonight's libation? Hmmm... Perhaps a kilolitre or so of 'tonic water' - having first (by way of preparation for reasonably anticipatable after-affects) made purchase of a 'regulation' silver cane, jaunty opaque specs and subscription to a guide-dog service, of course;) (DISCLAIMER: The above is merely in jest! Please don't ingest excessive amounts of quinine-laced 'tonic'!)

But Alas! It'll be nothing stronger than unadulterated oxidane for HP this evening...

TTFN
HP

PS: Re: 'oxidane' -- Yeah! I know! It's 'industrial-strength' stupid! Behold the result of ---what passes for--- 'systemization' (CIP applying organic nomenclature to inorganic compounds) - even at that, 'oxane' would have been the systemic 'moniker', but was already taken! - Oops! -- good work IUPAC! - SMH!

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Thanks, HP, I'm heading to the store soon and you just added an item to my list! Getting the gin was a given, but I don't often get tonic. Sounds like a good time for it!
Watch out for what brand of Tonic you buy. Some have aspartame in them and leave an ugly bitter aftertaste. Some others try to qualify as "fancy tonics" and have jewelry's prices. My personal favorites are Canada Dry and Schweppes.

Thanks, HP, I'm heading to the store soon and you just added an item to my list! Getting the gin was a given, but I don't often get tonic. Sounds like a good time for it!
Watch out for what brand of Tonic you buy. Some have aspartame in them and leave an ugly bitter aftertaste. Some others try to qualify as "fancy tonics" and have jewelry's prices. My personal favorites are Canada Dry and Schweppes.
Please! I implore you! Just mind that you don't overdo it with the quinine! IMNSHO it should not have been approved as a food additive (Spec. bittering agent) but whatcha gonna do?

Sincerely
HP

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Please! I implore you! Just mind that you don't overdo it with the quinine! IMNSHO it should not have been approved as a food additive (Spec. bittering agent) but whatcha gonna do?

Sincerely
HP
Would you please illustrate me on why you have such a poor opinion of quinine? ... I'm asking sincerely here...

Drinking my very last Corona beer.

Since the factory in Mexico has been shutdown because, ahem, Coronavirus, I enjoyed it to the last drop.

Grupo Modelo has switched to producing antibacterial gel.Corona.PNG

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Would you please illustrate me on why you have such a poor opinion of quinine? ... I'm asking sincerely here...
Therapeutic levels can have side effects, particularly if you're taking other drugs (such as antidepressants). There is virtually no risk at soft-drink levels (max 83 ppm). Trivial compared to the gin, I imagine.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Hey, @cmartinez:

Is this any good? It's a gift, but I haven't opened it yet.

Is it worth saving for a special occasion, or should I just add it to the quarantine options?

View attachment 204745
That's one of the finest commercially available tequilas there is. It is meant to be drank straight from a "caña" (small shot tequila vase) and never, ever to be mixed with anything.

Get yourself some "sangrita" in another caña, and lime juice in yet another one, and you will have what we call a "bandera" (a flag), which is meant to be sipped sequentially from each vase. Viuda de Sanchez is a good sangrita brand.

images (6).jpeg
Of course, there are better tequilas out there, but you'd have to look among the craft brands to find one.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
That's one of the finest commercially available tequilas there is. It is meant to be drank straight from a "caña" (small shot tequila vase) and never, ever to be mixed with anything.

Get yourself some "sangrita" in another caña, and lime juice in yet another one, and you will have what we call a "bandera" (a flag), which is meant to be sipped sequentially from each vase. Viuda de Sanchez is a good sangrita brand.

Tequila chilled or room temp?