To understand Transimpedance in CCVS

cadamhill

Joined Oct 10, 2015
I am designing a circuit to read current and convert the signal from A to D . I need to get the final signal out to the ADC in the form of 5V AC using the standard format of 5-20mA. I will worry about level shifting and precision rectifiers later (which will help me get the signal to 1 - 5V AC based on input current. We are using an LA55-P Current transducer for the CCVS and have no idea the transimpedance to consider for the project. The LA55-P has a 1:1000 step down ratio. Tha manufacturer recommends we use a 100ohm measurement resistor. Because I cannot find the part in multisim so I have to create the part. It is asking me for the transresistance (H) for the CCVS. What do I do here? Thanks.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
In LTSpice, the archaic CCVS has been replaced by a Behavioral Voltage source, where it's output voltage is any arbitrary function of node voltages, branch currents, or Time...

Here I set the trans-impedance to 3V/A, where the voltage is 3* the current in R1.

288.gif

Otherwise, this is what the LTSpice help file says about a CCVS:

ccvs.gif

Last edited:

cadamhill

Joined Oct 10, 2015
I'm sorry Mike. What? Please try to explain this like I don't know how to solve the problem. Please don't assume I know anything.

Last edited: