To Pull up or to pull down? Different un-used pins need attention!

MaxWilko

Joined Jun 21, 2021
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to PCB design and am designing out a out of stock part which isn't available til 2024!
The previous component was INA219AIDCNR and this is out of stock for a long time so PAC1932T-I/JQ seems to be the component for the job as a IC CURRENT MONITOR, except it has more inputs to sense and I only need to sense one.

What would be the best way to ensure I am not getting any unwanted noise, I have a few unused pins as your can see in the schematic. Currently I have connected all un-used pins to ground, but I am very unsure this is the correct method to go by.

Anyone who knows and has the time to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Max

Attachments

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
We have also been experiencing similar ultra long lead times on certain components.
Who hasn’t?

What I have found is in many instances you might find the same component but in different packages. What we have being doing is adapter boards.
Just a thought.

MaxWilko

Joined Jun 21, 2021
Thank you everyone for your help, the concept is clearer in my mind now! I have attached another photo of the developed schematic, I've left "EP" unconnected as this is not electrically connected internally (according to spec sheet) and I haven't connected the "SLOW/ALERT" pin. I can't see why I would need this. In the spec sheet it says you need to pull up to set ALERT, this is a I/O pin so I'm not sure what to with it yet.

I will carry on researching in the mean time, thanks again!

Attachments