To Bypass Field Card in DC Drive

SaadJanjua

Joined Mar 1, 2021
Hy there, I have DC Drive of ABB, model DCS-800. Field Card is making issues constantly giving error F537 M1FexRdyLost. I have checked it in Manual and use all my resources to clear it but all in vain. I am thinking about an idea to bypass the field card...instead of useing field card, we qill give field supply direct to field while using protection. Is there way to bypass the field vard from ABB DCS800 ?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hy there, I have DC Drive of ABB, model DCS-800. Field Card is making issues constantly giving error F537 M1FexRdyLost. I have checked it in Manual and use all my resources to clear it but all in vain. I am thinking about an idea to bypass the field card...instead of useing field card, we qill give field supply direct to field while using protection. Is there way to bypass the field vard from ABB DCS800 ?
Is there a downside to bypassing the card? Can't you get a field service tech from ABB to help you out?

SaadJanjua

Joined Mar 1, 2021
Is there a downside to bypassing the card? Can't you get a field service tech from ABB to help you out?
They are asking to purchase a new one. But thst costs me $3300/- and thats too much. I have total of 12 Drives. Do u have any idea about how to use external field in ABB

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
They are asking to purchase a new one. But thst costs me $3300/- and thats too much. I have total of 12 Drives. Do u have any idea about how to use external field in ABB
No all my experience is with Allen-Bradley equipment. If you're going to use the equipment, you're going to have to maintain it. $3300 is pocket change compared to how much you are losing to not have it working.