TN-C-S protection system / 3-phase electric motor 400V

NotElectricalEngineer

Joined Nov 8, 2023
Hello guys,

I work as a process engineer and my boss arranged a course for me to be certified to work with electricity. Now I do simple electrical work, but to make it official, I have to have a paper from it. (I don't have an electrical education, but a mechanical one)

The following question will be on the exam:
"
in the TN-C-S protection system, it is necessary to connect a single-phase socket and a three-phase 400 V socket before splitting, and after it is split, a single-phase socket and a class II consumer, a three-phase electric motor 3x400 V and a three-phase 400 V socket to it with a movable supply.
Ensure protection by automatic disconnection."

Is there anyone who can help me with this? how should I draw such a scheme on paper?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Technically this probably falls in to the Homework category policy for the site.?
There is a few issues here that have to be addressed, IMO, I would assume you need to show conductor ratings and also necessary protection for each section of the circuit.?
The ladder style of schematic or diagram would normally be used.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
In a Tncs system, the Neutral and Earth are one conductor being brought into the building, so at the distribution board there is a copper link used to bring the Earth out to a separate terminal so you can use it to feed via the RCD to ensure of fault detection.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
The following question will be on the exam:
"
in the TN-C-S protection system, it is necessary to connect a single-phase socket and a three-phase 400 V socket before splitting, and after it is split, a single-phase socket and a class II consumer, a three-phase electric motor 3x400 V and a three-phase 400 V socket to it with a movable supply.
Ensure protection by automatic disconnection."

Is there anyone who can help me with this? how should I draw such a scheme on paper?
Before WHAT is split?

I wouldn't like to be that Class II consumer that is about to be connected to the supply!