Time to say the truth.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
You may noticed that I stopped asking questions lately. You may noticed also that I often not use any smiley in any of my post lately. Lastly, you may see me online but doing nothing.

I am very bored and sad.

All of you are my friend.

Answering why is just another story.

Period.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Internet friendships, especially through a time-delayed forum conversation, are not the most suitable for persons in your (and my) age. Physical contact with other persons is very important, don't underestimate it.

You may find that your peers don't share the same viewpoints as you and have different approach than you in most matters. That doesn't necessarily make them unworthy. No one said that only one opinion can be true. Think with an unprejudiced mind and you might find things that weren't there before.

Not getting along with most people can be more serious, on the other hand. Most of the times however, you can find someone that you can happily talk to in your immediate environment.

Of course, all that doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't talk about the things that trouble you in AAC too.

Be well, be optimistic.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have to agree with Georacer on this one. A friend whom you can actually talk to is important.

Don't discount the other half of the population either. You can be friends with a girl too, a good friend is nice no matter how they dress.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I wish I can have a true friend but I just can't have even one. My mom is the truest friend I can have. I agree with Bill_Marsden, a friend whom you can actually talk to is important but I doubt I have one.

You know there is a huge reason why I am bored and sad? But I am shy to discuss it in public.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
We won't push you to talking. In fact, talking to the wrong people can be bad. For starters, you might want to talk to your parents. Most often than not, they got things figured out better than you. I repeat: Usually, not always.

Human relations can be a troublesome topic for many people. I 'd say that you should first have confidence in yourself, and then things will get easier.
Remember that in this world filled with people, you can't do things alone.

And one last thing. Making mistakes is crucial while growing up. It helps you get used to them, not being afraid of acting and makes them less important in afterthought.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I dissagree, I've formed very tight friendships with quite a few people around the world. So much to the point if a friends in EU asked to borrow a couple hundred dollars I'd PP him in a second. It goes both ways, you gottta figure out what you want in a friend ship, then naturally as you get older you see your friends less and less but you still remain good friend. I have some very very good friends I only see or talk too every other year.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Did you initially meet the people online, came close and then met them, or you got to meet them first in a job abroad and kept contact through internet?

Makes all the difference to me.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I met them online through forums, and other sites. Of coarse I've meet some idiots and loosers but I've met just as many really cool people I've become long time friends with. I also have a normal social life too so I'm not saying online friends can replace real flesh friends. I'm just saying you can develop just as tight of friendships online as offline. But we all need human contact...

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
It is important to have someone to talk to, whether it is a boy or a girl. To get something off your chest, is most important.

If you cannot find anyone to talk to, and you don't want to talk to your parents, I suggest that you start writing a diary or a journal or a log. Just write. When you write, you might get to see your situation in another perspective, and maybe the answer is laying in front of you.

Be strong, and keep smiling.:)

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

Thank you for your replies.

But as I've said it's really another big story if I say really why and I can't discuss it in public. Saying that big story in public just make me like lack of attention. But if you force me to say what is that big story, why not? :D

Thank all of you.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I enjoy a number of forums with differing content and membership. I can tell you that a couple are full of indifferent folk waiting to pounce on any opportunity to malign. This site seems rather void of that, with generally good disposition. Consider carefully though, there's always one in every crowd. Keep you chin up.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Hello Lightfire,

You should not feel forced to say anything, and a public forum like this may not be a good place to talk about important private things.
I hope that in time you will be able to share your problem with somebody you can trust, but I would agree with others that this would probably best be done face to face, with somebody who you can really trust.

That said, there is something I would like you to think about. When we are young, many of us think that some problem we have is very very bad, and that it is our special problem, which does not bother other people. When we are a little older, most of us find out that this was a mistake, that it was not really so bad, and that others have similar troubles.

At your stage in life it is usual to worry about who we are and what we will become. There may also be a bigger school to go to, worries about examinations, or some ceremonies to be faced. We get through these things though, however hard they may seem at the time.

Take care. Adjuster

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hello,

Thank you for your replies.

But as I've said it's really another big story if I say really why and I can't discuss it in public. Saying that big story in public just make me like lack of attention. But if you force me to say what is that big story, why not? :D

Thank all of you.
So.... apparently you really want someone to ask you what the "story" is, so I will go ahead and ask just so you can tell us what it is....

So what is the story?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I am sorry you are unhappy, Lightfire. If there's anything we can do to cheer you up, let us know.

I can understand not wanting to speak in public, but feel free to send a PM to anyone. I am generally on AAC every day. I'm sure you can trust all of us to keep your secret. We are one big family, and we're here to support you.

I hope you feel better soon :)
Best wishes,
Der Strom

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Like wise, light fire.

feel free to PM any one here. We are not the cunning types.

Everyone here will give you guidance and good advice, this I guarantee.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
It always best to share your feelings with a friend, but they are often difficult to find.... harder for some than for others

At the same time I always think of Bob Marleys lyrics "piece of mind is very hard to find, you can't borrow it from a friend" so...

My point being, I personally do not have many friends, in fact I have one who is very far away, besides that my mom is still my best friend. I've been through a lot, and you have to stop and realize that everything that happens to you is really trivial, even the really bad things. As long as you are alive, life is still good.

Work it out, if you feel like sharing, this is not a bad forum to do it on... PM probably a better choice.