Three state diagram.

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
What is FYP ? Google give "page for you" You must have noticed that English is not my native language. I agree that there is difference between teacher and professor. But if you focus on such language mistakes, then there will be no use.

I am studying in college. I don't think i wasted my time in asking questions Flowchart and state diagram is good tools to solve the problem, that's why I'm learning it. Obviously it will benefit me when I will design my project

Proposed projects

1. Yes, I wanted to make a system in which if a person is driving and he becomes an accident, then the people of the house or the police and the nearest hospital should get alert messages so they can help

2. And the third idea was for the agricultural system in which I have to irrigate the water in the fields, by monitoring the weather conditions.

3. The objective of the first project is to measure the weight of the vehicle running on the road

First of all, the idea of our project will be approved only then we can plan our project.

My ideas were rejected because my professor said that these are projects made by Already, Project Idea should be unique and beneficial for all common people

Last edited:

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
For the task at hand, after sending a sensor reading to the PC you have to wait for an ACK. The diagram does not do that.
I am sending value and receiving the acknowledge of the all four sensors through the one UART

Let me tell you that this state diagram is incomplete because I don't have idea to complete all task in sequences

IMG_20200828_114129.jpg

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
What is FYP ? Google give "page for you" You must have noticed that English is not my native language. I agree that there is difference between teacher and professor. But if you focus on such language mistakes, then there will be no use.
FYP = Final Year Project = the project for which you have submitted ideas already.

Maybe the first one was rejected because there is (or was) an emergency notification program in some cars to notify emergency services (one number) in case of deployment of the airbags. Simply going off the road doesn't necessarily deploy the airbags.

The agricultural one sounds a but complicated, as there are a lot of factors to consider, not just a weather report.

You mentioned that the professor told you to review some research papers for ideas. Can you link to them? I keep a small folder of FYP ideas I have had over the years. One might be appropriate if we knew more about the assignment.

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I don't have idea to complete all task in sequences
You did exactly that in #61.

For the task at hand, after sending a sensor reading to the PC you have to wait for an ACK. The diagram (in #61) does not do that.
How do you indicate that a state is waiting for something?

Again, I'm not trying to scold you but the differences in your diagrams from #61 to #69, like your earlier efforts, indicate that you are trying to create solutions to new problems by rote and imitation without really understanding the process. That just won't work.

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Unfortunately, we are all punished because a few break the rules -- like turnstiles to prevent shoplifting.

I would get a second person to confirm that. Usually, a professor can tell who cheated and who didn't. Proving it in student court is something else. Some professors don't even bother going that far.

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
You did exactly that in #61.
you are trying to create solutions to new problems by rote and imitation without really understanding the process. That just won't work.
As you can see, I am trying but still not able to create a correct state diagram. In such a situation, the experts say that divide your problem into a small pieces. So I am thinking of only two sensors. Both sensors data can neither send nor receive data simultaneously. This means that when the first sensor sends data, then the second sensor has to wait and when second sensor sending data, first sensor has to wait So I hope that my understanding is correct and I am only having trouble in making the state diagram.

Now I am stuck in the problem, how should I think about solving the problem?

Edit: wait I am making another state diagram that may be solution

This is my solution for two sensors only

IMG_20200829_014546.jpg

Last edited: