Three new sections

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
I would like to suggest two new section for the all about circuits forum.

1. Multisim/Electronics Workbench
2. Altera
2.1 MaxII
2.2 Quartus II

These three sections would involve circuits built with the software, and would allow users to help each other out a lot more since they can edit the actual circuit and leave notes on what was done.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi electricmayhem,

Firstly, before we go creating new forums we need to justify that there is the demand within the community for such an expansion. I would suggest the following:

Create a two threads in the General Electronics Chat forum with the topics you have listed:

1. Multisim/Electronics Workbench
2. Altera
2.1 MaxII
2.2 Quartus II

Outline what you wish to achieve in discussion of these topics and we can monitor the interest in these areas. If the threads become very active and there is a need to separate out the discussions into more than one thread, we can consider creating a sub-section in one of the main forums - similar to the Math and Physics sections of the Homework Help forum.

Create these topics and I will pin them to the top of the forum and we shall see how it goes.

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
Now that I think about it, it would probably be better if they were just "files" sections, so people could trade designs.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by electricmayhem@May 13 2004, 05:32 PM
Now that I think about it, it would probably be better if they were just "files" sections, so people could trade designs.
If you do as I have said, you could use the 'Attach file' facility on the reply to upload your designs. Just a thought.