Thought for the day...

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Mr. Carter is no longer involved in politics as far as I know, so this is probably not political.
He was among the worst presidents but may have been the best man to hold that office, at least in my lifetime. He has my deepest respect. Happy birthday Mr. President.
I agree and I voted for him. IMO he has redeemed himself by being one of the best former presidents.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
As a kid, I grew up a little frustrated by the lack of resources (and even the lack of like-interested peers) that could help me learn the subjects that interested me the most; that being electronics and robotics, among others. That is why I've always admired historical figures like Srinivasa Ramanujan and Isaac Newton, for instance. Both of them were had humble origins, but somehow managed to accomplish great things with the limited resources that they were born with.

I hope this kid gets all the support and mentorship she needs to achieve her full potential.

With an IQ of 162, Adhara Pérez Sánchez is a young Mexican girl and her score is actually two points higher than Albert Einstein's and Stephen Hawking's. She dreams of being an astronaut to change the world, traveling to space, and even colonizing Mars, according to NBC San Diego.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I just read this article about James Corden:

He admittedly behaved like a jerk, and he seems to have apologized to the server's satisfaction. But there's one phrase that drew my attention in the article.

In an earlier post, McNally described Corden as a "tiny Cretin of a man" and said that he "86’d Corden. It did not make me laugh.”
After reading that, I went like WTH? ... so I googled the term up, and a very interesting article about its possible origins popped up:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I just read this article about James Corden:

He admittedly behaved like a jerk, and he seems to have apologized to the server's satisfaction. But there's one phrase that drew my attention in the article.

After reading that, I went like WTH? ... so I googled the term up, and a very interesting article about its possible origins popped up:

86'd?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I'm guessing the Russian generals are not too happy, they appear to be faced with an army that has low morale which is every generals worst nightmare.
Further evidenced by potential conscripts fleeing the country, instead of marching off to war!!