Thought for the day...

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
My apologies for my last post ... I hadn't noticed you enhanced my typo in bold .. English is not my birth language, you know. And sometimes I slip...
No worries - of all the Monty Python bits and all the costumes they used, it was really funny that you typed pithon when referring to that specific skit.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Welcome to my reality. How did you get the name Killivolt?
1. My real Name is kv e.g. acronym for Kilovolt, my user name I wanted Kilovolt was taken, so I chose killivolt.
2. While working in a TV Repair Shop, a new Tech was ask what I was currently working on, I said about to change out a Laser in a 5 disc CD player. Common issue was won’t read. My boss had tried to repair a month or so back with this laser without result.

A new Tech asked me what are you doing? I said I’m going to attempt to install the laser, if it works or not and call the Customer back if it doesn’t work, he said where is the laser, I said pointing down there is the laser, he said where, I said I can’t get any closer I’m not currently strapped.

But, look at the lasers eye it’s in the middle right there, he said, well I still don’t see it, I said moving my finger closer to the location thinking it would be ok when suddenly a Blue Arc shot between my finger and the laser eye. I turned to see if my boss in the other room witnessed what had happened we both the new Tech and I gasp, me at him and him at me.

Suddenly the laser with no movement, essentially dead, began moving up and down erratically. I thought could it be, I said to the new Tech I think it’s working now, so I put in a disc and boom, seen all the tracks in the disc.

The distance to eye was around 3/4” to 1” Blue could be in the thousands, therefor kilovolts. Now I not only have the name but in a true expression earned it.

Fixed the Disc Player charged customer the rest is history.

kv

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
When something dies that most people didn't know existed.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/02/1042547742/ozy-shuts-down
Among other incidents, someone impersonated a YouTube executive in a conference call meeting with investors from Goldman Sachs. Watson said this week that it was Ozy co-founder and Chief Operating Officer Samir Rao and attributed it to a mental breakdown. Rao has not commented about the events revealed. Google, YouTube's corporate parent, referred the incident to the FBI for investigation of a possible crime related to misleading potential investors.
So now “mental health issue” is a code-word for scams, fraud, deceit and thievery. “hurt people hurt people,”

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Gen-Z
Interesting article I found quoted on another site, and never realized it was happening

https://www.theverge.com/22684730/students-file-folder-directory-structure-education-gen-z.
Only a computer science degree or IT person can know this, they, them, those, the others as I refer to, are not able to understand, system hierarchy they don’t teach it, takes to much time and money both theirs and ours. I find this all the time with people I help on a daily bases. I send them an email, either the mail server doesn’t open the door to allow new mail or it’s dropped into a basket, it’s there but they can’t find it. 2 things I tell them, close their mail and reopen it, not there then do a search in the search bar, from vivint (who I currently work for) it’s not something you understand as a lay person. Eventually they do find it, providing their reading skills or ability to see within a list of messages from my company.

Newest to oldest, but even then if they have selected their sort function to output data in that order still it is a degree of difficulty for some to see. Well now its in a system hierarchy sorted alphabetically or could be bottom to top, top to bottom, it’s their but until we have a butler, maid, driver, servant to hold their hand and point out what they want. they will forever need us, you and me, to help them, we are there auto attendant to a certain extent.

Many professors in their field of expertise cannot grasp system hierarchy, only you and I know where those bits are kept. In the stack, just left or right of the binary operations, flagged or tabbed in the directory, depending on the tree it came from or where the divination or deviation point exists. There is no point click, there is no search function, only and only if you left the bread crumbs to find your way back through the system directory and find your way home to the parent directory.

This all happened when the GUI and point to click operations were created. It split then, desktop folders created and it all went from top to bottom or a hobbits tail there and back again. From whence no one knew and it only became more complicated since then, now we have meta data, when I see my calls written as I speak so that the people who handle my Q/A Customer interactions spitting out data cherry picking my words to see if I auto fail or am out of compliance, it was then I realized that a computer algorithm was tracking me like a blood hound, and every single point and click operation I performed in TS tree as well, was stored in a central data base for future use, which in the future an auto attendant to use, designed and programmed to do one thing.

Removed me out of the equation, eliminate me from the hierarchy and reproducing me digitally. But it isn’t just me, but all the other me’s working for the company in a company wide structure, a structure of the future thats currently on a verge, a verge?. To remove the Hu-man or carbon based unit, all that is needed is to connect ‘Big Data’ a compilation stored across the planet to be culled resourced by a single operation top down and bottom up, side to side, in and out, 3d computational, logical, system of automated knowledge, governed by the Auto-Attendant, it’s coming, luckily for me not now. However, I’m helping to build it, unable to stop it, and it’s sad to a point, because I know it. But hopefully, as all things go, creates a different future from the one we all know, as things become easier for some will be harder for others, as always the Student will Teach the teacher and vise versa. With big date smack in the middle to assist both or replace them, I don’t know.

From the minute a call is taken, the auto-attendant with take it, it will be handed to it, then the voice will pop in asking you what you want, voice to txt speak, you answer. Systematically it will continue, if you or it miss, it will back up to the point it was miss-represented or miss-understood, it had learned all along how to interact with a customer, in the event that all things fail, then it will pass them on to me, the carbon based unit, but will track my every word, once again learning where it failed if I am to render the correct solution.

This can or could, will all happen inside the home, as it links with all things related to the system created and seen in times past, you’ve seen it, I’ve seen it, I’m not telling you something you didn’t already know.

It will not be perfect, nothing ever is, providing we don’t destroy ourselves alone the way.

kv

Edit: From the article above:

His advice to fellow educators: Get ready. “This is not gonna go away,” he says. “You’re not gonna go back to the way things were. You have to accept it. The sooner that you accept that things change, the better.”