This 2012 nonsense is annoying

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
No sense,you would be very careful If you Traveled to
the place of your ancestors. My ancestors don't have a
word anymore,we are told things have changed,accept it.
That comes with our freedom.Tough love my friend.

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
What are your ancestors?

Most people don't know that the Koran contains most of the same things that are in the Bible. I was told by a Muslim friend that the Koran contains more about Jesus than the New Testament.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
:confused:

See .....I have no idea about what u just said.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I was not told,I informed myself.Go abroad and get arrested,
come to the U.S. and get a big hug. Compliments of.............
Americans are an endangered species.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Scariest discovery to date is under the glaciers is billions of tons of methane. So if the glaciers melt we might not even live to see tides rise because the massive release of methane and other gasses may very well kill us way before that.
Unless they find a way to transport the methane out of the earth before the glaciers melt. :cool:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I suppose this means non of you googled 'coronal mass ejection'.

It destroyed a goodly portion of what tiny amount of electrical infrastructure we had at the time.(1859)

A world wide collapse of electrical energy distribution will send us all back to the 1850's for several years.

Any logical minds here can grasp the implications of billions of people who get food and water by the aid of this energy and when its not available for months and months?

The earths protective magnet field has grown much weaker since that point in time, so any similar solar barrage would have even more 'entry' points

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I suppose this means non of you googled 'coronal mass ejection'.

It destroyed a goodly portion of what tiny amount of electrical infrastructure we had at the time.(1859)

A world wide collapse of electrical energy distribution will send us all back to the 1850's for several years.

Any logical minds here can grasp the implications of billions of people who get food and water by the aid of this energy and when its not available for months and months?

The earths protective magnet field has grown much weaker since that point in time, so any similar solar barrage would have even more 'entry' points
This happens every 11 years or so as the sun reaches a peak of activity. It *does* cause problems, although they are usually limited to small scale power failures, and loss of satellites (or just a brief drop of signal.) We know how to protect against this by having multiple redundant systems. No doubt in 1859 the electrical system was very new and redundancy was not considered. Either way, the peak is predicted for Jan-Feb 2012 and not Dec 2012, so the world might end sooner!!

Although the magnetic field of the earth is getting weaker, it has been for some time. The field, like many natural phenomena, takes a long time to change. Sudden decreases in field strength, even reversals, take upwards of thousands of years to occur.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U guys are more scared of stuff that hardly matters.
This is what science has led you.

Science has found a lot of good things. But the problem is you all dwell on the wrong ones science says.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
alarmist vs. preparedness

call me any name you want, and be sure to dismiss the possiblity with predjudice.

Just means there'll be fewer of ya to feed later. ;)

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
U guys are more scared of stuff that hardly matters.
This is what science has led you.

Science has found a lot of good things. But the problem is you all dwell on the wrong ones science says.
Rifaa, I have to disagree with this. There is a saying. Technology (and by extension science) is not good, nor evil, nor is it neutral. It depends on how it is used.

I don't see where you're going here. What wrong things does science say? (Please let's avoid religion here. It's a very shaky subject. I don't believe in it and you do.)

alarmist vs. preparedness

call me any name you want, and be sure to dismiss the possiblity with predjudice.

Just means there'll be fewer of ya to feed later. ;)
I wouldn't discourage preparing for worst case scenarios. Like a tornado, hurricane or earthquake. These are things that *can* be prepared for. What if I told you that in 2014, anyone not prepared for doomsday would get it? I told you that all you need to do is buy my special gold ring for just $199.95 US and you would be protected from it. Act now! The ring will double in price in 2012!!!

That is the extend of the 2012 phenomena, it is just conmen selling stuff to terrified sheep.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Conmen have been seperating fools from their money, since the first day in time when a fool got money. (can't fix stupid,you just hope it learns)

and yes being prepared for a disaster is a good thing.

And remember the gun. If you have lots of food and water and no way to protect yourself. You will be a grocery store for the first person that comes along with a weapon.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
And remember the gun. If you have lots of food and water and no way to protect yourself. You will be a grocery store for the first person that comes along with a weapon.
In the UK, guns are illegal for most citizens, with the exception of the shotgun (under certain circumstances), and for police/military. That doesn't stop some people. People get selfish; it is human nature.