Things that make you lose your mind

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Stuck rear window regulator in the down position in the car. Can't unbolt the window with a ratchet and socket because the bolts can't be moved to the access holes. What you can do it is to use a racketing wrench on it for a 1/16 of turn per move completely by feel.

PXL_20220214_235352540.jpg

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I gave up mechanicing ~1980. I think it was the 69 Boss 429 Mustang that you had to nearly pull the engine on just to change the oil filter...

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
I gave up wrenching on cars when i could not recognize half the new stuff under the hood.

It was never fun, now it feels less than fun.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I gave up mechanicing ~1980. I think it was the 69 Boss 429 Mustang that you had to nearly pull the engine on just to change the oil filter...
Had a Volkswagen once, a guy had a fix for the oil filter, he put a porch engine in and the filter was accessible removing the left rear tire as I remember.
The most interesting part of this story was I owned it literally for 24hrs, I had to get it licensed and a well known dealer and mechanic Italian guy, I took it to him knowing he would dig it, his shop was only 1/2 block away, I parked it at my shop.

In the middle of the night, some kids stole a small “S10” from a gravel pit, drove it swiping cars all the way to my shop when they found my little bug parked in the parking lot, they began to ram it repeatedly, they smashed a guitar in the well behind the back seat also. When I was able to get it to my friend the only thing he could do was give me $400 for the engine lol

kv