the voltage of resistor parallel with wire >>>/!\ Help please/!\

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by !!Miss.EE!!, Oct 18, 2007.

1. !!Miss.EE!!

Thread Starter Active Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Yeah I know , But I was taklking about that case only -____-

Thanks JoeJester for your concern. :)

2. techroomt

May 19, 2004
    if your circuit is correctly derived from whatever it was initially:

- you will have no potential at the output terminals as they are shorted at the two nodes marked "A"
    - the total resistance (Rt) is two 1k ohm in parallel (500 ohm) in series with a 1k ohm = 1.5 k ohm , they will carry current you can calculate.

3. RiJoRI

Aug 15, 2007
    My teacher in tech school told us that electrons are like lazy Boy Scouts- they will take the path of least resistance. He also said to consider resistors like mountains. The lazy Boy Scouts are hiking along, and come to a split in the path. One way is nice and level, the other goes over mountains. Which path will the (lazy!) Boy Scouts take? Correct! They will go hiking the easy way!

And because there are no Boy Scouts (electrons) passing over the mountains (resistor) there are no voltage (sweat??) drops.

Yeah, it's a silly picture, but it HAS stuck with me for twenty years!

--Rich

4. asimbhawsinghka

Aug 2, 2007
    dear miss, have you read about kirchoffs voltage law!!! try applying it and you will end up with the answer. basically remember, current always tries to take a least resistance path in case of parallel resistors, and the short circuit is the least resistance path in your figure...
    i would like to know what you think of it...

5. pinnacle06

Feb 9, 2007
    im sure shes going to find this useful 5 months later ;)