The Police

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Most of us understand there are a few bad apples in their ranks but these guys and gals put their lives on the line everyday. One of our local officers was shot last night in a neighboring city on a gang detail near a pretty bad area known for crime and drugs. Hope the officer recovers fully and quickly.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I hope he survives as well. Nobody deserves to be ambushed. We grant them extraordinary powers and we trust them to use those powers wisely. When that trust is betrayed, the consequences are devastating to individuals and the community.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
As expected this is big news here as we know all the local officers. One hell of a gun battle for an accident is why officers keep one hand near their gun on a traffic stop.:(

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
And to think that down here, three ex-cops were caught in a stolen car after a fierce gunfight yesterday night... it's never a surprise down here finding ex-cops among the criminals ...
On the bright side, kudos to the good cops that caught those rotten pieces of you-know-what...

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
And to think that down here, three ex-cops were caught in a stolen car after a fierce gunfight yesterday night... it's never a surprise down here finding ex-cops among the criminals ...
On the bright side, kudos to the good cops that caught those rotten pieces of you-know-what...
Mexican cops are all corrupt I thought.. :)
2 guys from my work were down there for a sales call with our customers last year and were pulled over for apparently speeding..
Seeing 2 guys in nice suits the cop said they they could give him $1000 dollars and he would let them go..
The guy from my work opened his wallet and said that he only had $10 dollars in his wallet..
The cop said.. "Ok that will work" and took it and drove away.

Luckily the guy from my work travels quite often and kept all his money stuffed in his sock with only a $10 bill in the wallet.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Mexican cops are all corrupt I thought.. :)
2 guys from my work were down there for a sales call with our customers last year and were pulled over for apparently speeding..
Seeing 2 guys in nice suits the cop said they they could give him $1000 dollars and he would let them go..
The guy from my work opened his wallet and said that he only had $10 dollars in his wallet..
The cop said.. "Ok that will work" and took it and drove away.

Luckily the guy from my work travels quite often and kept all his money stuffed in his sock with only a $10 bill in the wallet.
Not all of them ... otherwise we wouldn't have a functional country down here (though, I have to admit, Mexico is more dysfunctional than the other way around). It all depends heavily on what part of the city/country you're in.
If you ask me, I'd say that about 20% of our cops are corrupt, but that 20% is a very loud minority.... In the 1930's Chicago, for instance, it is said that Al Capone controlled about 30% of the police force.. no wonder why Mr Ness had a huge task to tackle when he went after Capone