The pets of AAC...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Feel free to share pictures or stories of your pets in this thread, if you like. I think especially @wayneh will enjoy having a look.

This is the story of Luca, who was one of 4 kittens born in my backyard a little over 2 years ago.

Cat 01.JPG

Luca was abandoned by his feral mother, taking with her the other three kittens, since he was a late bloomer that couldn't walk nor open his eyes when his other siblings could.

So we adopted him, and fed him.

Cat 02.JPG

He couldn't open both eyes at first.

Cat 03.JPG

And was so small that he could fit in a glove

Cat 04.JPG

But soon he was able to open his other eye and roam the place...

Cat 05.JPG

He definitely didn't like his first bath...

Cat 06.JPG

But he knew how to have fun, like going treasure hunting...

Cat 07.JPG

Or playing Xbox games.

Cat 08.JPG

And he finally grew up to be a big, fat, lazy, irresponsible, but happy charm of a cat...

Cat 09.JPG

THE END

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That grey kitteh has a good camouflage suit!

I used to have a wife, and she wanted show dogs so she could feel prestigious. This is my favorite of the bunch. She was so cooperative that I could literally fence her in with a piece of chalk! All I had to do was draw a line on the floor, point to it and say, "No!". She wouldn't cross that line until I wiped it off. Very handy when I was repairing the back door. :)

Attachments

DumboFixer

Joined Feb 10, 2009
my adorable canine, as soft and docile as they come unless he thinks we are being threatened when he becomes a Guard-dog - unfortunately a cuddle counts as threatening behavior in his books, as for giving the grandkids a tickle - forget it.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Like any good parent, I have lots of photos of my furry children. I'll dig through and find the favorites. Here's a start.

Meet FuzzMo. I chose FuzzMo as a kitten from a litter. The owner said he was the only boy and I liked his looks better than his sisters. When it came time for him to be neutered, the vet informed me that he was a she and wrote up the bill as a free sex change! I had never thought twice to question what the owner had told me. Lesson learned.
FuzzMo.png
She's in the tree because she was evading a fox. Smart cat.

IMG_0406.png

Catnip time! The big tabby is Porky, aka Pork Chop. He's ~15 and was a stray that claimed us. He has the attitude of gratitude and may be the best cat I've ever met.
IMG_0717.png

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
My kitten Raven.. Got her when the rednecks driving in front of me threw her and another one from thee car window at over 40 MPH...

My other cat.. Gizmo is 12 yrs old (pic taken 3 days ago).. He has been sick this week so we took her to the Vet.. Just found out yesterday he has liver disease and if we can't get him eating again it won't be long :(

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
First of all, rednecks are just as much animal lovers as any other ill-named group of people. The peoplr in the pickup truck were just plain evil, cold hearted bast ards. Arbitrary and derogatory names for groups of people are never indicative of behaviours, excepting perhaps those who perpetuate the stereotypes themselves :)

IMAG0374.jpg
This is Baker. So named because he was found at a Baker Hughes facility, starving and covered in oil and metal shavings. Coolest, chill in est cat I have ever met
IMAG0374.jpg IMAG0331.jpg

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I'm most definitely a cat person... don't get me wrong, I like dogs and other pets. But cats are cleaner than most, and they come in a range of extremely different personalities, all the way from cuddling to obnoxious and to rough players... And what's best about them: they don't bark.
I Just hope I don't get crucified by the dog people in this forum :confused:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I'm most definitely a cat person... don't get me wrong, I like dogs and other pets. But cats are cleaner than most, and they come in a range of extremely different personalities, all the way from cuddling to obnoxious and to rough players... And what's best about them: they don't bark.
They kill birds whenever they can, and they make faces at them when they see them on the roof.

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
They kill birds whenever they can, and they make faces at them when they see them on the root.
That's true. Feral cats have become a pest in some places, and destroy the local fauna, like birds and squirrels. But my cat is an indoors cat, so much that he's become a little agoraphobic. He doesn't like to go outside too much.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
photo.JPG
Here is a bittersweet pet story.

It was late in the evening and we received a phone call from a neighbor. She thought that our cat had been hit by a car and was lying in the middle of the street. My wife and I ran out to see the sad sight. It was our cat and he wasn't moving. She ran back in the house and grabbed a box, which I used to drive him to the vets Unfortunately, the vet said he had passed, so tearfully I arranged for a cremation and burial at a local pet cemetery.

The next morning, a little foggy due to sleeping poorly, I was making a cup of coffee, when OUR CAT BRUSHED ACROSS MY LEGS! He was alive! I screamed and the rest of the family came running down, hugging the poor, clueless cat. I don't know whose pet I buried, but at least we know he is resting peacefully in the pet cemetery.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
But cats are cleaner than most, and they come in a range of extremely different personalities, all the way from cuddling to obnoxious and to rough players... And what's best about them: they don't bark.
True, you don't have to wash a cat, but the obnoxious dog behavior stems from people that don't know how to deal with dogs. They can be taught not bark incessantly or "defend" against every person that walks by. It took me 14 months to get that bichon to bark, and she only did that because she had her first litter, and so became protective. The only thing I have taught a cat to do was respond to the sound of a can opener. :D

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
And birds eat spiders, and make faces at them when they see them in takao21203's window sill.
We have doves here which sometimes rest on window sills when it rains or just giggle around even make noises, as well seagulls (mostly interested in rubbish bins). They dont see the spiders inside.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 39