The Jokes thread

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Is this your assumption? Or do you have proof?

Honest to God: it looks like a bicycle seat to me. Granted, I bicycle often with my wife and daughter, so maybe I am conditioned to see a bicycle seat where others might see something else I guess.
The proof I have are three friends that work in the media. Two of them on TV, and the other one in advertising. They tell me that that sort of thing is almost never an accident. Even gourmet cooking shows use camera techniques with the purpose of "sexualizing" certain takes.

I've already shown that picture to 5 people, and only one couldn't see immediately what was wrong with it, when asked directly.

Glenda

Joined Sep 20, 2016
Life With A Blonde Teenager…

SCENE: My teenage daughter and me in the car.

Lauren: Dad, do you know what the most commonly used letter in a girl’s name is?

Me: Hmm, is it a consonant or a vowel? (Silence.) Please tell me you know what consonants and vowels are.

Lauren: You’re no fun, Dad. Forget it.

Me: What is a vowel?

Lauren: OK, OK. A vowel is … ahh … eh … well, oh … uh …

Me: Close enough.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
The words 'sexualizing' and 'sexy' have different meanings and connotations.
Okay...so "sexualizing" an already attractive girl by surreptitiously adding a subliminal penis to her neather-regions is supposed to subconsciously draw my attention and increase my desire for whatever her image is promoting?

I suspect I am the wrong audience. Though @GopherT, @shortbus, et al appear to like "well endowed" women. No probs. Each to his/her/its own...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I guess I will have to think twice before posting the likes-of in the future.
All the people I showed it to that observed it simply thought it an amusing oversight on behalf of the photographer , no Freudian slips were really evident.:cool:
Max.
You made your observations, I made mine. Like I said, no probs.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I suspect I am the wrong audience. Though @GopherT, @shortbus, et al appear to like "well endowed" women. No probs. Each to his/her/its own...
You got that from the postings about the ad? My turn, I think joeyd and his friends think old white guys that love russian oligarchs, and keep fumbling as they try to govern are 'sexy'. Makes as much sense as his does, which isn't much.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Two men were sitting next to each other at Murphy’s Pub in Boston. After awhile, one bloke looks at the other and says, ‘I can’t help but think, from listening to you, that you’re from Ireland’

The other bloke responds proudly, ‘Yes, that I am!’

The first one says, ‘So am I! And where about from Ireland might you be?’

The other bloke answers, ‘I’m from Dublin, I am.’

The first one responds, ‘So am I!’

‘Mother Mary and begora. And what street did you live on in Dublin ?’

The other bloke says, ‘A lovely little area it was. I lived on McCleary Street in the old central part of town.’

The first one says, ‘Faith and it’s a small world. So did I! So did I! And to what school would you have been going?’

The other bloke answers, ‘Well now, I went to St. Mary’s, of course.’

The first one gets really excited and says, ‘And so did I. Tell me, what year did you graduate?’

The other bloke answers, ‘Well, now, let’s see. I graduated in 1964.’

The first one exclaims, ‘The Good Lord must be smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in the same place tonight. Can you believe it, I graduated from St. Mary’s in 1964 my own self!’

About this time, Vicky walks up to the bar, sits down and orders a drink.
Brian, the barman, walks over to Vicky, shaking his head and mutters, ‘It’s going to be a long night tonight.’

Vicky asks, ‘Why do you say that, Brian?’

‘The Murphy twins are drunk again.’

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
This should have been announced on April1, unfortunately it's not a joke!
U.N. elects Saudi Arabia to the Women's Rights Commission. If the U.N. had been around then it would probably have awarded the 1940 Peace Prize to Hitler!
Sometimes you have to hold their hand and pull them into the meeting - whether the UN ends up embarrassing them into modernizing or the experience actually teaches the delegate something - it is all better than Saudi Arabia sitting on the sidelines and ignoring the situation.

Good old fashion Diplomacy. I'm happy to see someone at the UN managed the guts to set them up and set an expectation of the Saudi Government by the women in their country.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
killivolt Off-Topic 10
KL7AJ Off-Topic 1
Sparky49 Feedback and Suggestions 4
electronis whiz Off-Topic 2
electronis whiz Off-Topic 1