The Jokes thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by R!f@@, Oct 8, 2011.

1. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    On a side note that may be apropos of the current subject as this is 'The Jokes Thread', every one's perception of humour is different, Especially between the sexes, women tend to prefer men that make them laugh and men generally prefer to be the source of the amusement.
    I have sort of studied it, non-scientifically over the years and have noted some of the differences as to what amuses each of the sexes.
    For example the British comedies and Satire that came out of the 60's with such as the David Frost show and the Goon Show followed by Monty Python shows and the subsequent Movies, Life of Brian, Holly Grail etc, were not received that well by the female population, most of the avid followers were male who generally embraced it whole hardheartedly.
    I am reluctant to place a label on someone just because one finds something funny or amusing and they don't.
    Max.

GopherT and cmartinez like this.
  2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    The key to the illusion is that the color of the seat leather is so very nearly the same as the model's skin. Maybe joey is colorblind? Anyway, I saw it at first glance. But I did keep looking for something else.

3. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    I find joey's way of thinking funny most of the time.:)

justtrying and GopherT like this.
  4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Maybe it's a bicycle made for two and we can't see the guy behind her?

absf, wayneh, GopherT and 1 other person like this.
  5. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    The proof I have are three friends that work in the media. Two of them on TV, and the other one in advertising. They tell me that that sort of thing is almost never an accident. Even gourmet cooking shows use camera techniques with the purpose of "sexualizing" certain takes.

I've already shown that picture to 5 people, and only one couldn't see immediately what was wrong with it, when asked directly.

MaxHeadRoom and GopherT like this.
  6. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Ok. But a girl with a penis is sexy?

7. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    Good point... truth being told, I have no idea what the hell the photographer was thinking... gues I'll just have to give him (or her) the benefit of the doubt

8. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    The words 'sexualizing' and 'sexy' have different meanings and connotations.:rolleyes:
    Max.

GopherT and cmartinez like this.
  9. Glenda

Sep 20, 2016
    Life With A Blonde Teenager…

SCENE: My teenage daughter and me in the car.

Lauren: Dad, do you know what the most commonly used letter in a girl’s name is?

Me: Hmm, is it a consonant or a vowel? (Silence.) Please tell me you know what consonants and vowels are.

Lauren: You’re no fun, Dad. Forget it.

Me: What is a vowel?

Lauren: OK, OK. A vowel is … ahh … eh … well, oh … uh …

Me: Close enough.

absf and ronv like this.
  10. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Okay...so "sexualizing" an already attractive girl by surreptitiously adding a subliminal penis to her neather-regions is supposed to subconsciously draw my attention and increase my desire for whatever her image is promoting?

I suspect I am the wrong audience. Though @GopherT, @shortbus, et al appear to like "well endowed" women. No probs. Each to his/her/its own...

11. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Flying tire:

Michael6 likes this.
  12. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I guess I will have to think twice before posting the likes-of in the future.
    All the people I showed it to that observed it simply thought it an amusing oversight on behalf of the photographer , no Freudian slips were really evident.:cool:
    Max.

shortbus and justtrying like this.
  13. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    You made your observations, I made mine. Like I said, no probs.

14. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Just saw this for the first time at the theater. Very clever and entertaining. Laughed all the way through.

15. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    Wow!... thanks, Joey. You made my day :)

16. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    You got that from the postings about the ad? My turn, I think joeyd and his friends think old white guys that love russian oligarchs, and keep fumbling as they try to govern are 'sexy'. Makes as much sense as his does, which isn't much.

GopherT and MaxHeadRoom like this.
  17. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    "Ring, ring."

18. Michael6

Friday
    I forgot my cell phone when I went to the toilet yesterday. We have 245 tiles.

R!f@@, absf, cmartinez and 3 others like this.
  19. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Probably means something to somebody. Maybe the widely popular Atlas Society. That last part was a real joke.

20. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Two men were sitting next to each other at Murphy’s Pub in Boston. After awhile, one bloke looks at the other and says, ‘I can’t help but think, from listening to you, that you’re from Ireland’

The other bloke responds proudly, ‘Yes, that I am!’

The first one says, ‘So am I! And where about from Ireland might you be?’

The other bloke answers, ‘I’m from Dublin, I am.’

The first one responds, ‘So am I!’

‘Mother Mary and begora. And what street did you live on in Dublin ?’

The other bloke says, ‘A lovely little area it was. I lived on McCleary Street in the old central part of town.’

The first one says, ‘Faith and it’s a small world. So did I! So did I! And to what school would you have been going?’

The other bloke answers, ‘Well now, I went to St. Mary’s, of course.’

The first one gets really excited and says, ‘And so did I. Tell me, what year did you graduate?’

The other bloke answers, ‘Well, now, let’s see. I graduated in 1964.’

The first one exclaims, ‘The Good Lord must be smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in the same place tonight. Can you believe it, I graduated from St. Mary’s in 1964 my own self!’

About this time, Vicky walks up to the bar, sits down and orders a drink.
    Brian, the barman, walks over to Vicky, shaking his head and mutters, ‘It’s going to be a long night tonight.’

Vicky asks, ‘Why do you say that, Brian?’

‘The Murphy twins are drunk again.’

shortbus, R!f@@ and absf like this.