The impossible to ID LED display

eljefe

Joined Jul 3, 2020
Greetings,

Please accept my apologies for finding and joining your forum just to seek wisdom from people smarter and more talented than I am.

I am trying to repair a temperature controller with a bad 7-segment LED display. I am unable to identify the make/model or any data that could lead me to sourcing a replacement or specs that could aid in finding a compatible component.

Part number: XBWB2218T(GS)-A (no search hits on full or partial p/n)

Photo of display is attached. Any wisdom on the manufacturer and/or part is appreciated.

--Jeff
IMG_8222.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
Photo of display is attached. Any wisdom on the manufacturer and/or part is appreciated.
We need more information.

How many pins does the display have?

Assuming the LEDs in the display aren't anything special, you just need to determine pin function, display polarity, and match the pin pitch, order, and display dimensions.

If the LED color isn't blue or white, you can use the diode check function on a DVM to determine electrical characteristics. With 4 digits, they probably multiplexed the digits to reduce pin count.

Hojaleaf

Joined Aug 23, 2020
Greetings,

Please accept my apologies for finding and joining your forum just to seek wisdom from people smarter and more talented than I am.

I am trying to repair a temperature controller with a bad 7-segment LED display. I am unable to identify the make/model or any data that could lead me to sourcing a replacement or specs that could aid in finding a compatible component.

Part number: XBWB2218T(GS)-A (no search hits on full or partial p/n)

--Jeff
View attachment 211279
Is this for a Masterbuilt smoker controller panel? I am looking for the same part. Except my part number stops after the (GS). If you find any info on this shoot me a message please. Thanks