The best way to turn off the light remotely

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I wanted to put the discussion on off topic.
But there it says there are subjects different from electronics.

Over time, I wondered how to close the light from afar.
1. By whistle
I do not know how to make a whistle detection. But I had a key ring whistle responder. and I changed it. I can not find anymore that key ring.
The flaws is that it started at any car alarm.

2. With voice recognition
It is seen in the video that it is not accurate enough. I did not try it

3.ESP8266 (WiFi)
I used it. It also works from 200m

It works on everything that has WiFi and WEB browser.
Flaws: Connects slowly to WIFI.

4. HC 05, HC 06 Bluetooth
I did not test it.
You could use to turn off the blight your smart watch.
But ususaly the evening, the smart watch is at charging, it does not have great autonomy.

5. IR TV Remote control.
Memorize a key from the TV remote.

Someone told me he wanted that the device to guess his thoughts. It is not possible.

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Someone told me he wanted that the device to guess his thoughts. It is not possible.
I like many can manipulate matter simply by the power of thought. Towards this end we have installed several electromechanical devices in our home where by changing their orientation one can turn lights on and off.

Thus by the power of my thoughts alone I am able to move my arm and adjust the orientation of such devices.

QED

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I wanted to put the discussion on off topic.
But there it says there are subjects different from electronics.

Over time, I wondered how to close the light from afar.
1. By whistle
I do not know how to make a whistle detection. But I had a key ring whistle responder. and I changed it. I can not find anymore that key ring.
The flaws is that it started at any car alarm.

2. With voice recognition
It is seen in the video that it is not accurate enough. I did not try it

3.ESP8266 (WiFi)
I used it. It also works from 200m

It works on everything that has WiFi and WEB browser.
Flaws: Connects slowly to WIFI.

4. HC 05, HC 06 Bluetooth
I did not test it.
You could use to turn off the blight your smart watch.
But ususaly the evening, the smart watch is at charging, it does not have great autonomy.

5. IR TV Remote control.
Memorize a key from the TV remote.

My parents were not wealthy enough to put a night stand or lamp in my bedroom so I Only had the big overhead light when I wanted to read in bed. To prevent getting up to turn off the wall light switch, I tied a piece of string around the switch, laid a pair of shoes over the string near the switch as weight, then ran the string back to my bed. When I was tired, I pulled the string, the shoes made sure the force was down, instead of toward the bed.

No wifi, no batteries, worked every time.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm looking for something that ................if it is possible.....to sell it.
I'm looking for something at a low price. Somewhat useful.

About IoT(Internet of things) was predicting a great future.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_things

I used ESP3866. In fact, nobody really cares about it

I hope you have a boat load of money to get up and running and certified or forget about selling anything except maybe beccoming a rep for an existing product.

I have the Lutron Caseta swsitch in my house and it works great. They are not cheap around $50 US.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My Homekit switches have been in the $20-30 range, and work fine. But it's not cheap or easy to become mifi certified.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Rifle, guessing I could turn off a light at 100 yards easy. There may be an issue ever turning it back on again but I could, without much doubt, turn off a light easily at 100 yards, likely much more distance. :)

Ron
Nah. Line of sight only, and if someone walks buy at the wrong time they could interfere with its operation.

Bob

PhilTilson

Joined Nov 29, 2009
My parents were not wealthy enough to put a night stand or lamp in my bedroom so I Only had the big overhead light when I wanted to read in bed. To prevent getting up to turn off the wall light switch, I tied a piece of string around the switch, laid a pair of shoes over the string near the switch as weight, then ran the string back to my bed. When I was tired, I pulled the string, the shoes made sure the force was down, instead of toward the bed.

No wifi, no batteries, worked every time.
Wouldn't work in the UK - our switches go UP for off! :)