Thanks mods

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Hey mods, why do we need this kind of talk from one bad apple? Just delete the whole thread and let's move on with the things that make this forum so great.
A little discussion of the rules is useful from time to time, as well as entertaining. :rolleyes: Besides, this is the only thread started by the OP that doesn't violate T.O.S. Well, there is a little name calling. ;) An arbitrary deletion of a non-violating thread would set a bad precedent. :eek:

With inspiration drawn from that old movie, I find that it helps to lean out one's car window every once in a while, to holler out that timeless phrase that always rights percieved wrongs "I'm mad as hell, and I won't take it anymore.

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
If you dislike the rules on this forum then find a forum that more fits your ideas on how a forum should be managed or even start a new forum yourself.
I also don't agree with "ALL" of the terms here but I don't circumvent them, I just try to work within them.

williamj

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I for one think that all the rest of us that aren't "shityfifty" should continue on with the title of this thread. THANK YOU MODS, PAST AND PRESENT!!!!! Your tireless dedication and that of the owner have made this the BEST electronics forum on the web!!!!!!

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The people make the site, the mods maintain the good order. The mods do a great job here, so I thank them for their patience and good judgement.

As far as the best site on the web ...

According to Alexa:

allaboutcircuits -
Global Rank: 27,823
US Rank: 21,622
Reputation - sites linking in: 1,828

Electro-tech
Global rank: 64,426
US Rank: 45,603
Reputation - sites linking in: 529
That is due to the efforts of those members who dilligently answer questions, day in and day out. You'll know them when you see them.

They too deserve the thanks for pushing this site to the top. So I thank them. Any list I'd start would have to be researched because there are numerous members fitting that description and it would be an injustice to miss one in an off the top of the head listing.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I bet that Alexa inventory includes non-electronic sites, and there are NOT 27,822 better electronics websites.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Alexa used to have an Electronics category, in which AAC ranked up to 7, placed below firms like Texas Instruments.

I cannot find any such list nowadays...
Jinkies...

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I bet that Alexa inventory includes non-electronic sites, and there are NOT 27,822 better electronics websites.
Of course they did, they included all the sites on the web, that they knew about.

I haven't found a site that rated forums ... by topic, but I'll look.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Hey, don't take me too seriously. I was only pointing out that it would be impossible to create 27,000 forums better than AAC.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
These are the sites that I've compared. Statistics are interesting but don't tell the whole story. For example, Edaboard is constantly broken in some way, Electro-Tech has capricious moderators and the EEVblog forum is too much about test equipment. The collegial atmosphere of AAC is absent on most other electronics forums.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
I noticed that edaboard has in-thread post-like ads. I find that horrendous.
I lasted at most 5 minutes at that forum when I joined it, but will never visit it again because the ads were obnoxious. There are others out there that do similar things. I also frequent Electro-Tech and Electronics Point (a small forum, but I like it). I tried a few other forums, but they all sucked in one way or another. Electro-Tech puts ads in front of you, but does it in such a way that they're easy to ignore and don't really get in your way.

Frankly, I happen to like AAC's policies of no auto stuff, trying to keep things polite, catering to beginners, and being mindful about safety. If we could get SgtWookie and Bill Marsden to learn a smattering of electronics, this could become a good forum. :p