Testing Transistors using an External power supply and DVM

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I believe that "Billy Mayo" is a local troll, specific to AAC. He is known for this kind of inane posting under a variety of names. I feel pretty gullible also about not seeing it sooner. Oh well, live and learn.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Does AAC have a troll policy? It would be beneficial to the Community if suspected troll posts could be quarantined until approved or deleted by a Moderator; with some controls to prevent trolls from crippling the forums.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
So that you know, moderators have been monitoring the situation from day one when he reappeared.
The member will be asked to choose from @SamEricson, @Calton57 and @harrison2015. We know they are the one and same despite his denial. If the matter is not properly resolved all will be promptly deleted.
Given that we already have him lying about his multiple identities (see post #26 in the "How to Test a Circuit Breaker" thread), you'd be perfectly justified in deleting all three of him right now, without further ado. You'd also be doing a major public service, as his trolling is becoming very annoying.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Given that we already have him lying about his multiple identities (see post #26 in the "How to Test a Circuit Breaker" thread), you'd be perfectly justified in deleting all three of him right now, without further ado. You'd also be doing a major public service, as his trolling is becoming very annoying.
I wonder how sick a person has to be to enjoy wasting other people's time ...

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I wonder how sick a person has to be to enjoy wasting other people's time ...
Getting pleasure out of annoying others is likely part of it; but I think a pathetic need for attention-- and a habit of satisfying that need by feigning helplessness-- is the larger part.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Getting pleasure out of annoying others is likely part of it; but I think a pathetic need for attention-- and a habit of satisfying that need by feigning helplessness-- is the larger part.
Too bad it wasn't a pretty-looking damsel in distress...

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Does AAC have a troll policy? It would be beneficial to the Community if suspected troll posts could be quarantined until approved or deleted by a Moderator; with some controls to prevent trolls from crippling the forums.
It shouldn't be any more difficult than blocking a specific IP address.