Temperature Switchfor fridge monitoring

GS3

Joined Sep 21, 2007
I have a small fridge that I need to know when the temperature gets to 7 degrees. I will then connect it to a GSM module to send me a message. I was thinking of using the LM35 but got very confused at all the circuit on the internet.

Really looking for advice and direction
I would not spend any time designing or building anything when for under $3 you can buy a digital temperature controller, which you can set anywhere from minus 55 to +110 C. Look at ebay item 321623523020. I doubt you can do better than that for that price.

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I would not spend any time designing or building anything when for under $3 you can buy a digital temperature controller, which you can set anywhere from minus 55 to +110 C. Look at ebay item 321623523020. I doubt you can do better than that for that price.
I fully agree with you BUT, Zimbabwe is sanctioned so eBay will not allow us to purchase from them. That's why I build everything.

GS3

Joined Sep 21, 2007
Ah yes Zimbabwe, where Ebay is banned
From what he said it seems it is not that the Government of Zimbabwe bans eBay but the other way around, that ebay does not allow people in Zimbabwe to use their services. Having lived in several countries myself I can say that I have personally suffered the stupid bureaucracies of different first-world countries. The problem is universal.

Rodney if you have friends in other countries you can probably set up an eBay account using an address in a different country. Also, even if eBay does not let you open an account with them in Z. it is very possible that the item can be purchased with an eBay account in another country and then shipped to your country (and it is perfectly legal in every way). I buy in eBay all the time and have items shipped to different countries as gifts. As long as the seller is in agreement it should work. Of course, if the seller does not want to ship to a certain country then there is nothing you can do about that except have them ship to a friend in another country and then have the friend bring it to you. I do this often too. With some ingenuity and initiative you can work around the bureaucracies which the authorities of all countries inflict on us.

I have checked that particular eBay item and the seller does ship to Zimbabwe. If you cannot arrange it yourself you can PM your address and I will order one for you.

Last edited:

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Thank you very much. I will try and set up an eBay account. It is important as often as pointed out the items are cheaper there than making them.

Zim has many many good points and its a small group of thugs that spoil it for the rest of us. But thank you very much for the advice help and assistance.

GS3

Joined Sep 21, 2007
Thank you very much. I will try and set up an eBay account. It is important as often as pointed out the items are cheaper there than making them.
Not only cheaper but it is way better than anything you could build yourself for ten times the price. I buy a lot of things like that from China on eBay and I am very satisfied. Little volt meters, amp meters, components, etc. Chinese sellers on eBay have good prices and almost always shipping is free. I have had the occasional item not arrive but I got a prompt refund. The only drawback is that it takes longer to arrive for me but in Z. I guess it makes no difference. I have lots of power and amp meters in the circuits in my home so at a glance I can know what an air conditioner or other device is pulling. All these instruments and components I buy from China for peanuts and I find sellers to be very cooperative. You can't beat that thermostat for $3.00. Let me know if you need help.
Zim has many many good points and its a small group of thugs that spoil it for the rest of us. But thank you very much for the advice help and assistance.
That pretty much describes every country I have known. It is a matter of degree but human nature and organization are the same everywhere.