Synchronous boost converter

holz1100

Joined Apr 27, 2016
I am trying to create a synchronous boost dc-dc converter. I have attached the circuit diagram but I am getting stuck with simulation as a simulation error occurs. The signal generator has a square wave of 5V. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Capture.JPG

Deleted member 440916

Joined Dec 31, 1969
There's no power shown to Q2's drain.
I would hazard a guess thats supposed to be the boosted output ?
I am trying to create a synchronous boost dc-dc converter. I have attached the circuit diagram but I am getting stuck with simulation as a simulation error occurs. The signal generator has a square wave of 5V. Any help would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 126641
You don't say what the simulation error is nor what simulator you are using.....would help ?

holz1100

Joined Apr 27, 2016
Thank you to everyone for their replies. The error occurred on Multisim, I built the circuit and it works perfectly so I think Multisim was experiencing issues with the IC.

Deleted member 440916

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I might mention in practice this circuit as drawn has uncontrollable output voltage and will destroy the mosfets in short order.

Deleted member 440916

Joined Dec 31, 1969
@fourtytwo, why is that? I have built it and that is not happening
Because you have not built in any specific voltage limiting or regulation beyond that accidentally provided by the load and input power limiting. Should the power consumed by the output decrease the output voltage will rise, should the output load become open circuit something will give! Some mosfets are designed to absorb some reverse breakdown avalanche power but it's not something I would wish to rely upon. If the circuit is quite low power (as it looks) then a TVS device across the output would be a simple solution.