SwitchPros 9100 Using to drive a linear actuator

jtracy82

Joined Aug 1, 2019
Hello, I am attempting to wire a SwitchPros 9100 to drive a linear actuator on my Chase rack, I have read many things on these forums but am completely lost on what is being said without + - Signs etc. the SP9100 uses SPST type switches with solid state relays to control everything. The linear actuator uses a Postive signal to extend and a Negative to retract. I have attempted to use a relay to retract the actuator but to no avail. 86 Input from the SP9100 which is a positive line when actuated. 87/85 Jumped together to a ground, 30 being output which is pushing out ~-12vdc (verified with multi meter). I have the 30 output being attached to the + line on the actuator which is what Switch Pros is telling to me do but I am getting no reverse drive on the motor. I can extend the motor if needed when pressing the up button to drive it up and send the +12vdc to the motor. If I hook up the DPDT rocker switch to the motor with the way they say to wire it I can drive the motor all day long but do not want to drill into my dash to use that switch. Can anyone please help with how to wire this thing up?

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
Easiest way is a couple solid state DPST relays... or use the current solid state relays to run normal DPST relays.

dpst.jpg

The not straight line at the left would represent your 86 and 86 connections of your current relays.
C1 and C2 would be motor connections. Swap the wires on the second relay like you were connecting C1 of the first relay to C2 of the second... and C2 of the first relay to C1 of the second.

You would then connect your 12 volts to A1 and ground to A2.

The first relay would then have 12 volts on C1 and C2 as ground when it is turned on.
The second relay would have ground on C1 and 12 volts on C2 when it is turned on.