Surface mount adapter board

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
I have a 16 pin smt IC that I want to mount on a through hole circuit board.
The device has a pin pitch of 1.27mm and a component width (end of smt pin to end of smt pin) of 10mm.

Many adapter boards (SOP16/20 etc) are available, but they don’t appear wide enough to accommodate the 10mm wide device I have.

Can anyone advise of the specific nomenclature of the adapter that I need?

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I have a 16 pin smt IC that I want to mount on a through hole circuit board.
The device has a pin pitch of 1.27mm and a component width (end of smt pin to end of smt pin) of 10mm.

Many adapter boards (SOP16/20 etc) are available, but they don’t appear wide enough to accommodate the 10mm wide device I have.

Can anyone advise of the specific nomenclature of the adapter that I need?
Show a picture and/or identification number of the IC please. Barring that, the datasheet will tell you specifically what it's package is. QFN, QFP, LQFP, BGA, etc.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
The data sheets lists the package as an SOIC (R-16)

But I’m still none the wiser as to the adapter board I need.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I agree, PA006 is the correct adaptor, though technically that part is outside the SOIC R-16 spec. This isnt unusual, manufacturers often modify standard chip footprints for their own needs. In this case i suspect the longer pins may be to support chip specific cooling requirements; thats why it helps to give the IC type or post the datasheet rather than just quote the supposed footprint designation.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Many thanks for all your assistance – I believe that I have now found what I need (a TSSOP28 adapter) which has a pin pitch of 1.27mm and can accommodate an IC of up to 10mm in width.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Many thanks for all your assistance – I believe that I have now found what I need (a TSSOP28 adapter) which has a pin pitch of 1.27mm and can accommodate an IC of up to 10mm in width.
Very odd, TSSOP is either 0.5 or 0.65mm pitch as standard.